2023 Fully Funded Global Korea GKS Undergraduate Scholarship
We are pleased to inform International students that applications for 2023 Fully Funded Global Korea GKS Undergraduate Scholarship are open. The scholarship is funded by the Government of Korea. For this reason, international students seeking to pursue undergraduate degrees in Korea are entreated to apply.
The scholarship will award 200 scholarships to undergraduate students to study in South Korean Universities. The scholarship will cover all relevant expenses.
There is no application fee required. Also, students all over the countries can apply. Students can study under any academic discipline.
Details About 2023 Global Korea GKS Undergraduate Scholarship
- Host Country: South Korea
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Scholarship Coverage: Fully Funded
- Closing Dates: Varies from Country to Country
Duration For The Scholarship Program
Below is the duration of the scholarship program
- To begin with, Associate Degree: Period 1 year of the Korean language program in addition to 2-3 years of the degree program
- Secondly, Bachelor’s Degree: 1 year of the Korean language program in addition to 4-6 years of the degree program.
2023 Global Korea GKS Undergraduate Scholarship Benefits
As mentioned earlier the scholarship is funded by the Government of Korea. For this reason, the following expenses will be covered:
- To begin with, Round Airfare Tickets
- Secondly, Resettlement Allowance
- Thirdly, Living Allowance
- Also, Medical Insurance
- Another is Language Courses
- In addition, Full Tuition Fees
- Aside from that, an Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Moreso, Research Support
- Last but not least, Printing Costs
- Lastly, Completion Grant
Who Can Apply?
Interested applicants should meet the requirements below:
- First and foremost, applicants should be international students. Thus, applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship. Also, Korean applicants with dual citizenship cannot apply.
- Secondly, applicants seeking to pursue Bachelor‟s degree program must have graduated (or are expected to graduate) from a high school or from an associate degree program.
- Thirdly, candidates who want to pursue an associate degree program must have graduated (or are expected to graduate) from a high school
- Also, applicants with a bachelor‟s degree cannot apply. However, students with an associate degree can only apply to a bachelor‟s program
- Students who are expected to graduate must submit a certificate of expected graduation at the time of application. Afterward, they must submit a graduation certificate (or a degree certificate) by February 28, 2023
- Applicants should have 80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked within the top 20% of their class.
- Also, applicants should have a CGPA equal to or above 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, or 3.23/5.0
- Lastly, applicants should not be more than 25 years of age (born after March 1, 1998)
Documents Needed For The Scholarship Application
International applicants should submit the following documents when applying for the 2023 Global Korea GKS Undergraduate Scholarship.
- Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Study Plan
- One letter of Recommendation
- GKS Applicant Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Proof of citizenship (applicant and parents) and proof of family relationship
- High School Graduation Certificate (or certificate of expected graduation)
- Academic transcript of the high school curriculum
- Graduation certificate (or certificate of expected graduation) of the associate degree program
- Academic transcript of associate degree
- Proof of Overseas Korean Document
- Proof of Korean Citizenship Renunciation Document
- Proof of Korean War Veteran’s Descendant
HOW TO APPLY?
The application process is online. Therefore, interested applicants should click on the link below to begin their applications.