Scholarship opportunities are open for International students to apply at the University of Kent.
In Kent, England, there is a semi-collegiate public research university called the University of Kent. The university received its royal charter on January 4 of that year, and Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, was formally appointed as the school’s first chancellor the following year.
DETAILS ABOUT UNIVERSITY Of KENT
|Funding for:||EU Students, International Students, Self-funded Students, UK Students|
|Funding amount:||£22,264 to £35,668 per annum pro rata (based on 2023/24 international fees.)|
A maintenance grant and salary equal to the Research Councils UK National Minimum Doctoral Stipend (2023-24 yet to be confirmed, but this was £17,668 for 2022-23) will be provided along with four Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA) scholarships, two at home tuition fee rate and two at international fee rate.
Four Ph.D. GTA scholarships total will be given out by Kent Business School to exceptionally motivated applicants. Three awards are available for any Ph.D. program offered by the School, with one award set aside for candidates in the Business Analytics/Operational Research field.
Successful candidates for the Business Analytics/Operational Research GTA often possess strong undergraduate and graduate degrees in business analytics, operational research, mathematics, computer science, or a closely related discipline.
The department has highly regarded scholars who are in the top 2% of the world’s most influential researchers in the fields of mathematical optimization, simulation, data science/analytics, operations management, information systems, and soft optimization.
Applicants may suggest a research topic that fits the purview of any of the four departments at Kent Business School for any available GTA in the business field:
- Financial and Accounting
- Operations and systems
- International business leadership and management.
Before submitting an application, all candidates should make contact with their preferred supervisor. Here is a complete list of the academics at the Kent Business School, along with their research specialties.
It should be noted that candidates must submit a comprehensive application to the university through KentVision by clicking “Apply” on the website for the applicable Ph.D. course and must also finish a Ph.D. Scholarship Application Form by the deadline.
Responsibilities and Obligations
Successful applicants will be expected to assist undergraduate and graduate-level teaching in addition to doing their own independent research. Mostly, this will take the form of facilitating seminars and operating computer terminals. Candidates might need to teach up to 80 hours a year.
- Successful candidates will have a First or 2:1 undergraduate degree and a Distinction at the master’s level in a pertinent field (current master’s students may submit a partial transcript). They will also have demonstrated exceptional research potential.
- IELTS test takers must get a minimum overall score of 7.0. If an applicant is a citizen of a nation with a large English-speaking population or has earned a degree there that is comparable to a UK bachelor’s degree, this criteria will be waived.
- Typically, successful applicants will satisfy all eligibility requirements. However, candidates who don’t meet these requirements but have a strong research proposal and references may still be taken into consideration.
- Open to candidates from any nation. Please be aware that international students must possess the necessary paperwork to prove their ability to work in the UK. These advisory pages contain further details.
- All new postgraduate research applicants submit applications by September
- Scholarships are not transferable.
- Two awards were supported using domestic fees, and two using foreign fees.
HOW TO APPLY?
Midday on January 20, 2023, at 12 p.m.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Carola Leicht, Associate Dean of Graduate Studies and PG Student Experience – Research (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Professor Thanos Papadopoulos, Head of the Department of Analytics, Operations & Systems (email@example.com).