- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising / Media Jobs in Ghana
Tech and social media savvy, proficient in English and Ga, smart and assertive, able to negotiate with wulomei and other local and international authorities.
- be able to write and edit English at a professional level.
- be tech savvy with hardware and software and have at least basic skills recording and mixing audio.
- be fluent in Ga.
- You must be unafraid of hard intellectual work.
We undertake investigations for corporate clients while working towards creating a radio documentary series on the connection between spiritual and political issues in Ghana.
- You must be interested in – and unafraid of — all matters spiritual. In particular, you will be negotiating with Ga priests, wulomei and other local Ga leaders, as well as with Ga gods and ancestors.
- You will need to get to know them, set up interviews with them and make professional quality audio recordings.
- You will need to accurately transcribe, interpret, and translate what they say.
- You should have an interest in storytelling.
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER:
You would be working for me, a crusty old English/German journalist. I’ve spent much of my life in and around Africa and settled in Accra a couple of years ago to produce a radio series I call ‘Invisible Governance’.
I have a small team, that includes an administrator-investigator, two housekeepers and security staff. We are located at Hechtech House in Osu, which contains our office, some guest rooms and a function hall.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a CV and short cover letter to email@example.com (If your submission is poorly written or includes typos you will be disqualified.)
If we think you may be a fit, you will be tested online to see if you can:
- Write and edit English at a professional level.
- Research information on the internet.
- Find and use an app to edit audio.
- Speak fluent Ga.
If you pass the test, you will be interviewed to see if you:
- are smart and up on all sorts of current affairs.
- are good with computers, social media and marketing etc.
- have an amazing memory and can multitask.
- are open minded about spiritual and religious practices.
- are fun, creative and have lots of good energy.
Other non-essential — but highly desirable — skills include:
- Audio engineering
- Any kind of storytelling and/or music making abilities.
- Professional level French, German or any other language
We don’t care about formal qualifications. You just need to be smart hardworking, ambitious and open minded. Otherwise please let us not waste each other’s time.
CLOSING DATE : ONGOING