Admin Assistant-Southern Sector
Type of Role: Adminstration
Reports to: Supply Chain Speialist
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
|Reports to||Supply Chain Specialist|
A concise statement, capturing the primary reasons that this role exists and a clear articulation of the context of the role. How will this role contribute to creating lasting change for children?
This position is to ensure that communication between Plan’s internal and external audience is conducted in a smooth manner and provide administrative back-up and secretarial support services to facilitate the implementation of program activities in the country office and program unit.
Dimensions of the Role
This section provides a summary of the size and authority of the post. It covers the size of the budget held, the numbers of direct reports, other key stakeholders who may depend on it, the type of communication required, the external representation involved and the reach of the role.
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- Area of Responsibility – PIIA
- May be nominated to serve on Purchasing Committee from time to time
This section is critical for clarifying expectations of the role, providing the framework for its relationship with colleagues and providing areas of accountability against which performance can be managed.
This should include a series of brief statements that define the end results required. e.g. drive, contribute, identify, manage, responsible for, advise/coach, build, develop, provide, conduct, oversee, establish, participate etc.
Statements should ideally be worded so that they will lead to thoughts of measurement. For example, it is better to state something like “achieve maintenance standards” than “undertake maintenance”. The former leads to a measure against the maintenance standards.
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Receives incoming and makes out-going calls and records them to ensure a free flow of information towards effective implementation of work as well as keep track of calls for review and allocation of cost towards the reduction of telephone bills.
- Keeps, maintains and manages the front desk to receive both internal and external clients as well as enhance the image of the organization without any disruption of work or complaints from the public.
- Receives visitors and directs them appropriately to provide effective client service and always maintains a good working relationship with the public without any negative feedback.
- Ensure that the reception area is never left idle.
- Always find a suitable replacement when not present at the reception.
- Keep record of incoming and outgoing mails and document to ensure the effective outflow of work without any reports of missing documents or mails.
- Provides logistical support for in-house training, staff meeting and international travel to ensure the successful organization of such events without any adverse complaints about the adequacy of logistic items.
- Assists in the preparation of material receiving report to account for and keep a track of all items ordered for program implementation without any losses incurred by Plan Ghana.
- Responsible for the management of petty cash to ensure the effective disbursement, utilization and account of petty cash without any reports of mismanagement or misappropriation of funds.
- Assists in the receipt and banking of funds received to keep a track of funds for program activities and always ensures the security and safeguarding of funds without any reports of loss of funds.
- Provides back-up support services to the Country Director (CD) in the absence of the incumbent to ensure that the CD’s office is always well resourced without any disruptions of his/her work.
- Always adheres to Plan’s Child Protection Policy to safeguard and protect the child without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to ensure the effective implementation of the Country’s program.
- Follow up, collect and collate monthly over-time work sheets from drivers across Programme Units and submit to Administrative Coordinator per the deadline.
- Liaises and/or assists the Human Resource Department in the coordination, induction and introduction of recruits to the country office to enable a smooth settling in of new starters. (E.g. Sitting position, knowledge of office environs.)
- Purchase of office supplies and maintenance of store room inventory; this includes tracking and notifying the Administrative Coordinator when items are at the established critical levels. Inventory of stock should never go beyond critical levels established.
- Upon notice by the Administrative Coordinator, coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery.
- Any other tasks deemed appropriate and commensurate with the position’s level of responsibility.
- Maintain a register for fixed and low value assets and lead a team to conduct annual verification
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them.
- Understands the importance of fostering and maintaining a good image for the organization and acts in ways to achieve this objective with the public
- Exhibits a good sense of judgment and responsibility in dealing with challenges associated with the provision of client service
- Works with minimum supervision
- Refers all final decision making to a senior manager.
Ensure the principles and guidelines on the new Global Policy on Prevention of Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse is fully embedded and in your area work.
- Ensure all concerned person, Child, member of a community where Plan International works and/or Programme Participant knows how to and feels safe and empowered to report any concerns, allegations or suspicions of Sexual Harassment, Exploitation or Abuse and the report is taking seriously.
- Create and strengthening the capacity of all staff, Associates and visitors to prevent and respond in a timely, effective, safe, comprehensive and confidential manner to all complaints, allegations and incidents on Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
This section refers to people inside and/or outside of the organization that the post-holder needs to have contact with, and why. This should include virtual presence.
- Keeps and maintains a high contact with external clients to foster and build a good working relationship with them on behalf of the organization and present a good image for the organization
- Maintains a high contact with all country office staff to ensure the free flow of information towards the implementation of work
Maintains medium contact with staff from the program unit offices to offer back-up support services and information regarding administrative related issues
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
This section details the skills, knowledge and expertise the postholder will be required to demonstrate in doing the job well.
This should include clear levels of technical expertise and skills that support our work at national, international, and global level.
Gained through education, training, & experience
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma/HND in Secretary-ship, Management Studies or equivalent
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar position.
- Experience working with an international NGO would be an advantage
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
- Good communication and ICT skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good client/customer relations
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Strong team player
- High level of discretion and responsibility
- Good Planning & organizational skills
- Culturally sensitive
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post-holder to successfully perform the role:
- Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
- Good planning organizational abilities
- Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism
- Good human relations and listening abilities
- Open to feedback and willingness to adopt to new approaches and processes
- Ability to inter-face with all levels of management
- Analytical and pays attention to detail
- Good team player
- Safety and security conscious
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organization for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximize long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
This position requires 5% in the field to offer the required support for administrative related activities at the Program Units.
Level of Contact with Children:
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
High level: Frequent interaction with children
HOW TO APPLY
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND APPLY
Closing Date: 28th July, 2021
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organizational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP