AFREhealth Calls For Job Applications
The African Forum for Research and Education in Health (AFREhealth) is a pan-African organization dedicated to the advancement of health professions education, research and service delivery.
AFREhealth works to achieve excellence in health professions education, research and service by influencing a new inter-professional standard that will result in sustainable and continuous quality improvement for the African population.
- Position Title: Administrative Assistant
- Location: AFREhealth Secretariat, KNUST, Kumasi Ghana
- Start date: 1 July 2022
The Administrative Assistant will support with the day-to-day administrative tasks at the AFREhealth Secretariat, handle petty cash and cheques and ensure the smooth running of the Office.
Reports directly to: Senior Administrative & Human Resource Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To begin with, Ensure that the Secretariat office is professionally presentable.
- Secondly, Receive, initially respond and appropriately refer all correspondence and inquiries directed to anyone in AFREhealth.
- Thirdly, Ensure that equipment is maintained in good condition.
- Furthermore, Coordinate travel arrangements which include booking air tickets, airport transfers, arranging for travel advances, making hotel reservations, visas, etc. as needed.
- Moreover, Ensure the proper usage and prompt replenishment of stationery and supplies.
- Additionally, Manage the asset and stock register.
- More so, Provide administrative support to meetings. This includes scheduling, coordinating, taking and distributing minutes and other related communications
- Most importantly, Filing and database management
- Also, Then, Support Senior Administrative & HR Officer with HR activities including completion of records for selected candidates, compilation of timesheets, etc.
- Besides that, Prepare petty cash vouchers, disburse and maintain petty cash journal accurately.
- Thereafter, Prepare cheque vouchers and cheques for payment to vendors.
- Not just that but also, Ensure the accuracy and timely payment of utility bills.
- Afterwards, Responsible for efficient management, archiving and distribution of all financial reports and documentations.
- Last but not least, Receive approved advances and expense reports from program staff and record them in the log.
- Finally, Enter data (Petty Cash & Payment Vouchers) into Accounting Software.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or their equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in Administration
- Work experience with an international NGO is an advantage
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), planning and organization skills
- Ability to multitask and be willing to take on extra responsibilities.
- Willingness to work to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and clients
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Lastly, Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
How to Apply for this AFREhealth Job
Interested qualified candidates should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 30th June. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE