Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for GDS Africa Recruitment 2021.
- Company: GDS Africa
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: IT / Telecom Jobs in Ghana
Responsible for initially identifying and subsequently defining the required tests, monitoring the test coverage, and evaluating the overall quality experienced when testing the Target Test Items.
The role involves gathering requirements, generation of test scripts and test plans, integration with software components and feedback to both the test process and the other teams.
Responsible for testing software applications, systems products and services whiles evaluating and validating IT initiatives and identifying issues in applications, systems and products.
- Document test cases
- Perform and document risk analysis
- Record test progress and results
- Code automated tests
- Create test plans
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness
- Discover bugs within the software
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes
- Identify, isolate, and track bugs throughout testing
- Identify any potential problems that users might encounter
- Perform manual and automated testing
- Research and analyse product features being tested
- Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality.
Line Manager – Snr. Specialist, IT Quality Assurance & Release Management
- Direct Reports – N/A
- Matrix Reports – None
- Key Customers – SM, IT Quality Assurance, Performance & Partner Management, Consumer Units, IT Division,
- Key Supplier – PSCOM, IS MANCOM, CEX Steerco, MSO, Third-Party
- Relations etc. – Third-Party, Consultants, Customers, Vendors and Suppliers
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electronic Engineering, or a relevant Engineering or Technical qualification
At least 3 years work experience covering similar functions in multinational telecommunication or other similar organizations, 2 years of which must have been in GSM telecommunication.
QA certification (CSQA),
Testing Engineer certification (CSTE),
CMMI certification or equivalent preferred
Must be willing to obtain certification if not already certified
- Project Management
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CD/CI) pipelines
- Working with DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry
- Applications, Infrastructure, Systems Architecture
- Knowledge of various QA / Testing tools
Skills / physical competencies:
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving and analytics skills
- Reasoning and logic skills
- Strong time management
- Team Player
This position is for a 6-month contract to be extended based on performance.