- Company: AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Manager – Resourcing & Human Resources Information System
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
To ensure that HR processes and procedures are implemented according to AngloGold Ashanti policies and strategic plans to achieve the Human Capital needs of the company
- Provide advice and support to line managers in interpretation and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Provide technical support on HR related matters, including but not limited to, recruitment, orientation, career development, performance evaluation, disciplinary action and separation in accordance with company policies and procedures, Collective Agreements, the labor Act, 2003 (Act 651) and associated legislations.
- Oversee all administrative duties including but not limited to, record management, office supplies, overtime administration, leave management, attendance and medical surveillance records management etc. in accordance with company policies and procedures, Collective Agreements, the labor Act 2003 (Act 651) and associated legislations.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs and ensure it reflects market best practices.
- Facilitate job analysis, update roles descriptions, and implement change management and OD initiatives aligned to business needs.
- Ensure that the Performance Management Program is effectively implemented by providing regular trainings on performance review process and drives a high-performance culture for the business unit.
- Effectively manage and monitor all company residential facilities, recreational facilities, Club & Guest houses etc. to ensure maintenance, refurbishment and renovations are in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Planning, coordination, and strategy development for ensuring the long-term improvement of the facilities.
- Collaborates with the Senior Manager – HR and IR team in the preparation for and participation in negotiation with unions.Advise Senior Manager – HR on appropriate staffing levels and manages all staff recruitment processes including, position posting, advertising, short-listing and selection, background checks, hiring etc.
- Nurture a positive working environment that defines sound employee relations practices necessary to promote a high level of employee morale, engagement, and motivation.
- Collects and compiles HR metrics, analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns, makes recommendations to optimize and elevate quality, efficiency, performance of HR systems and processes to reflect the company’s culture and to maintain legal compliance.
- Researches, develops, recommends, and executes creative strategies to foster the organizations diversity and inclusion goals.
- Ensure effective supervision of service contractors in the HR department in accordance with contract terms and provisions.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment lawPerson Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ post qualification work experience in Human Resources with at least four (4) years in a similar role within the Mining Industry.
- Certification in HR Analytics is highly desirable
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and SAP software
- Thorough working knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Experienced in managing complexities in a plural Labor Relations environment
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Should be collaborative by nature and can successfully engage and influence key stakeholders.
- Must have strong desire to coach and develop others by sharing skills and knowledge.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English language;
- Must possess very strong good human relations skills and ability to interact with people of diverse culture and value
Method of Application
Closing Date : 18 July. 2021