Apply Fast || DRIVERS AT VIS Ghana
The candidate is requested to work under the supervision of the Country Representative, showing excellent communication skills, total reliability, punctuality, and ability to learn detailed procedures and adhere to them.
- Drive VIS vehicle for the transportation of authorized personnel and the delivery/collection of mails, documents, cargo, purchases, and other items.
- Ensuring the vehicle is kept secure, clean, tidy and in good working conditions at all times.
- Ensuring the vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, breaks, tiers, etc.
- Ensuring vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers’ specifications.
- Preparing and submitting vehicle monitoring, report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at the end of each month.
- Assisting the Admin Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and registration are updated according to schedule.
- Logging official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc.
- Assisting the Country Representative in the office management with a particular focus on the respect of logistics and procurement procedures and documentation. Provide logistics reports and planning for the correct and efficient functioning of the office.
- Ensure adequate and regular contacts with National and Local Authorities regarding logistics and procurement procedures, verification, and information (e.g. customs rules, MOFA, rules for HR, vehicle rules, equipment rules, contracting rules for goods and services..)
- Carry out any other task on Country Representative request, compatible with professional capacities.
Required Skills or Experience
- At least 3 years of experience as driver
- Good English, written and spoken
- Valid driving licence
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies and local road conditions, and defensive driving skills
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Completion of secondary education
- Previous experience working in the field of development with INGOs UN agencies or cooperation agencies
- Logistics and Procurement working experience
- Knowledge of Sanzule area
Duty Station: Accra with missions to Sanzule
Duration: 12 months with 3 months probation period
Salary: 2200 GHS monthly/gross
How To Apply
The applicant must submit:
- An updated CV in English
- Valid Phone Number
- Active e-mail address
- Copy of ID card
The application should be sent/delivered:
Via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning in the object VACANCY DRIVER
In closed envelope to VIS Office, Akosombo Road P.O. Box 776, Ashaiman
The deadline for the application submission is at 6 pm on 15th May 2021 (only applicants with essential requirements abovementioned will be contacted)
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP