AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role: Engineering Supervisor – Services (Fixed Term)
The incumbent will be responsible for all maintenance activities at the Obotan Site in line with Company policy and procedures.
- Coordinate and supervise maintenance of camp buildings, recreational facilities, office blocks etc.;
- Perform and supervise road construction and repairs, water systems and supplies, building construction and repairs, and all civil works on the mine;
- Assign work to Engineering Artisans;
- Work with the design team to carry out modifications to structures;
- Inspects work for completeness and ensure standards according to work plan;
- Responsible for preventive and planned maintenance services;
- Control of labor and the procurement of materials for unscheduled and emergency work;
- Prepare estimates for structural upgrade works to be done in-house and by Contractors;
- Maintain effective Health and Safety systems including completion of risk assessments and SOP’s;
- Ensure housekeeping, productivity and quality of work standards are maintained;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum HND in Civil Engineering, or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution;
- Minimum 5 years’ supervisory experience preferably in the mining industry;
- Minimum of Inspecting Engineer Certificate of Competency issued by Minerals Commission of Ghana;
- Knowledge in building maintenance, road maintenance as well as power systems and installations;
- In-depth knowledge in mechanical structures maintenance and regulatory inspections for compliance
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, and professionalism;
- Dynamic knowledge and understanding of engineering practices in the Mining environment;
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills with strong analytical mindset;
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods and procedures to work situation;
- A strong desire to coach and develop others by sharing skills and knowledge;
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, database management;
- Medically fit for the position and environment;
- Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license and the ability to drive in rough terrain.
How To Apply
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
- Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for.
- Limit your CV to 4 pages.
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records.
- Please ensure you email firstname.lastname@example.org when applying for a job.
- Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Unit Manager – HR & Administration,
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited,
No. 4, Sir ArkuKorsah Road, Airport Residential Area,
P. O. Box CT 6153, Accra – Ghana.
CLOSING DATE: 30th April, 2021.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.