IFDC is a multinational and independent non-profit organization with over 46 years of experience in profitable and sustainable crop production approaches by combining innovative research, market system development and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, agricultural productivity and food security and livelihoods in developing countries and around the world.
IFDC has over the years built a solid network of agro-input producers, dealers, farmers, farmer-based organizations, off-takers and processers around the globe. Irrigated systems offer a greater potential for food production because of the control of water that guarantees optimal uptake of nutrients under proper soil fertility management.
IFDC is seeking an outgoing and innovative-minded candidate who is motivated to work in a projectized environment and enjoys working to improve the productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers cropping systems in Ghana.
The Irrigation Agronomy Intern, is expected to contribute to the planning and implementation of all measures related to irrigated agriculture development within various IFDC projects.
- Assist NBD (New Business Development) team in identifying and or designing projects that fully promote adoption and compliance of food safety principles and quality standards e.g. HACCP, GlobalGAP, Codex norms, etc. among stakeholders to meet off-takers’ quality standards.
- Work closely with IFDC projects’ beneficiaries e.g. farmers, processors etc. to ensure they are quality-audit ready
- ssist the NBD team to address food and nutrition security issues in relevant business opportunities, including capture planning and in proposal development
- Support NBD team and project teams to ensure that best practices and minimum quality standards are consistently applied across maternal, child health, and nutrition activities
- Assist NBD team and project teams in planning and implementation of food and nutrition security interventions in the sub-region
- Assist in identifying and documenting innovative post-harvest technologies locally adapted and effective in postharvest losses reduction among smallholder farmers in Ghana
- Assist the NBD team to incorporate appropriate postharvest management technologies in the business concept notes and proposals
- Support NBD and project teams to introduce innovative postharvest management practices to smallholder agricultural upstream value chains actors in a manner that bring reduced losses, high profitability, household food security, and reduced poverty
The Gender and Youth Inclusion Intern is expected to contribute to the planning and implementation of all agricultural development activities and ensure effective inclusion of the gender and youth dimensions in all agribusiness opportunities in the sub-region.
- Directly assist the NBD team in presentations and documents formatting and other ICT related project assignments
- Assist IFDC projects with innovative digital technology dissemination tools to promote adoption of technologies by farmers
- Work with other projects’ team members on processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of project deliverables
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should click on any of the positions above to read more and apply
CLOSING DATE : June 4, 2021