Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Puma Energy Recruitment 2021.
Puma Energy is a global integrated midstream and downstream oil company active in close to 45 countries. Formed in 1997 in Central America, Puma Energy has since expanded its activities worldwide, achieving rapid growth, diversification and product line development. The company directly manages over 7,500 employees. Headquartered in Singapore, I has regional hubs in Johannesburg (South Africa), San Juan (Puerto Rico), Brisbane (Australia), and Tallinn (Estonia).
Puma Energy’s core activities in the midstream sector include the supply, storage and transportation of petroleum products. Puma Energy’s activities are underpinned by investment in infrastructure which optimises supply chain systems, capturing value as both asset owner and marketer of product.
Puma Energy’s downstream activities include the distribution, retail sales and wholesale of a wide range of refined products, with additional product offerings in the lubricants, bitumen, LPG and marine bunkering sectors. Puma Energy currently has a global network of over 2,000 retail service stations.
Puma Energy also provides a robust platform for independent entrepreneurs to develop their businesses, by providing a viable alternative to traditional market supply sources.
Job Title: Retail Territory Manager
Responsible for managing the relationship between Puma Energy and Retailer at site level, ensuring consistent delivery of the Puma energy Retail Operational Standards
Quality Management System Compliance
- Comply and support the Quality Management system in all aspects of your role.
- Adopt and implement the principles of continuous improvement in all aspects of your role.
- Ensure the awareness of customer requirements (internal & external) are promoted throughout the business.
- Review, monitor and provide feedback on the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Engage, support and continuously improve communication processes that support the quality management system and provide positive outcomes for the business, customers and key stakeholders.
Workplace Health & Safety
As a Worker;
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety
- Take reasonable care that your acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons.
- Comply, so far as you are reasonably able, with any reasonable instruction and training that is given
- Co-operate with any reasonable policy or procedure relating to health, safety or environment at the workplace that has been notified to you
- Attend and actively participate in consultative arrangements such as toolbox talks and risk assessments
- Ensure that any hazards, incidents, accidents or near-hits are reported to your supervisor.
- Use machinery and equipment (including personal protective equipment-PPE) only in accordance with the procedures and training provided to you.
- Be familiar with evacuation and emergency procedures and the location of first aid and fire equipment.
- Ensure your activities do not cause, or are not likely to cause, environmental harm
- Minimise waste; separate reusable and recyclable materials from the general waste stream, use bins provided.
- Clean up spills appropriately and notify your Supervisor.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
1 – Identify Gaps hindering optimal Retail Site performance (including service and ‘people’) in assigned territory in order to profitably deliver Puma’s Customer Commitment and Profitability Goals
2 – Motivate, Coach and Develop Retailers in order to maximize sales potential and protect Puma’s interests
3 – Participate in attraction and selection of the right Retailers
4 – Through coaching, supporting and performance management of Retailers to deliver the basics and higher performance, ensure best Retailers have best sites and that poor Retailer performance is eliminated
5 – Manage and maintain positive Retailer relationships, supporting Retailers to achieve and maintain top class site performance (including counselling to underperforming sites)
6 – Deliver Sales & Operations targets for geographical area through regular reviews and appropriate action plans
7 – Ensure Retailers implement all areas of service excellence and ensure compliance with the Site Operations/HSSE standards, contracts and manuals
8 – Manage and maintain Retail Master Plan within Territory through Retailer assessment and involvement with recruitment processes
- University degree, preferably in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Statistics and Engineering.
- 5 years minimum of experience in the Oil Industry, including Retail and/or Property/Development.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate advanced analytical and logical thinking.
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver quality presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of knowledge and proficiency in computerized systems, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- High level time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple complex tasks concurrently and still deliver quality output.
- Have a strong bias for action.
- Proven business acumen.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions.
- Planning and Organising
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.