Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Assistant Librarian at Presbyterian College of Education.
- Company: Presbyterian College of Education
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education Jobs in Ghana
The Presbyterian College of Education, Akropong – Akuapem, a public tertiary education institution known for training competent teachers for the pre – tertiary level, is inviting applications from qualified persons for the following position: Assistant Librarian
The successful applicant will work closely with sections of the library and assist readers in locating books and also assist students and faculties in the area of research.
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must:
- Possess a good First Degree and Postgraduate Degree in librarianship
- Have served as Junior Assistant Librarian in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution or organization for, at least two years.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES
- Be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary
- Be able to work independently
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be a good team player
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Possess high integrity, as the position holder will handle confidential and sensitive information
- Be able to act professionally in all situations;
- Be highly organized, efficient and resourceful with the ability to multi-task amid conflicting demands and busy work schedules
- Be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years on first appointment before attaining the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60).
How To Apply For The Job
All applicants are required to download and complete an application form:
Two reference letters, at least, one of which should come from a Head of Department or Unit with whom the applicant has worked. The reference letters should include the following information on the candidate:
- Professional competence and work output
Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility
- General Contribution to the work of a College of Education or relevant institution
- Interpersonal skills
Any other relevant information.
The complete application pack should be submitted to:
the College Secretary,
Presbyterian College of Education,
P. O. Box 27,
and soft copy to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 02 July, 2021