A company in the insurance industry wants a young enterprising person for appointment to fill the above position immediately.
- Perform an annual risk assessment of the business and continuous monitoring of the plan based on the risk analysis of the critical processes competing priorities
- Develop and effectively execute an internal audit plan for the business by proactively managing
- Perform corporate, operational and regulatory audits of functional areas and report significant issues related to processes and controls, including risks inherent in and potential improvements to, those processes and controls
- Appraise the effectiveness and efficiency of key controls and to assist management in identifying ways to improve them.
- Assist in the development of corporate policies and procedures
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements, to ensure their reliability and compliance with relevant Accounting Standards, the Insurance Act and Companies code.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in audit
- Strong knowledge in induct audit procedures, accounting policies, information systems and risk management
- Experience as a proactive and solutions-oriented business professional with the ability to interfere with all levels of management across business units and functions
- Computer literacy with spreadsheet, word processing and must be familiar with enterprise solutions
- A good first degree in Accounting, Finance and related major ICA/ACCA or significant progress towards certification
- A good first degree in Accounting
- Post-graduate course in Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy with spreadsheet, word processing and must be familiar with automated accounting systems
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in the financial industry. d
DUTY STATION: ACCRA
Applicants resident in the duty station would be preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Applications together with CV and names of two referees should reach the following e mail address two weeks from date of publication.
Only shortlisted applicants would be invited for interview.