Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Available Job Vacancies At Opportunity International
- Company: Opportunity International EduFinance
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
Job Title: Student Financing – Technical Assistance Advisor
Department: Opportunity EduFinance
Reports To: Technical Assistance Manager
Opportunity EduFinance supports an improvement in educational attainment by partnering with local financial institutions to increase investment into the education sector.
EduFinance’s Technical Assistance Facility team (ETAF) works with socially focused sustainable financial institutions and supports these financial institutions to develop, launch or grow sustainable education lending portfolios through education lending products such as student loans.
The ETAF team is made up of finance experts based in Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
To date, the ETAF team works with 69 financial institutions in 25 countries across Africa, Asia and Latin America. Financial institution partners have collectively disbursed over $390mn in loans and have over 121k parents and 14k schools currently borrowing worldwide. Opportunity EduFinance estimates the Education Finance market as a $36 billion global opportunity.
Opportunity edufinance is currently exploring market opportunities for Student Financing in Ghana to develop new financing products for financial institutions.
This might involve expertise into developing product/programs around:
- Student Tuitions Loans for TVET
- Loans for TVET Institutions
- Start Up Capital Loan for graduated entrepreneurs
- Loan Loss Guarantee mechanisms to support the launch of products
ABOUT THE ROLE
Essential duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
In Country Support to the Technical Assistance Advisors in Ghana:
- Lead market research on the economics of studies in specified vocations by comparing the payoff of study to the cost, investigate whether lending products can reduce barriers to access, and provide recommendations on the structure of loan products.
- Support with market research project management, and product development on an on-going basis with current financial institutions partners.
- Prepare partnership proposals of new financial institutions brought on board in Africa.
- Help and support the EduFinance Team to build a strong network of financial institution partners and industry stakeholders (TVET, mentoring partners, students) in Ghana markets through constant engagement with stake holders and kay partners and manage communication with key prospects.
Implementation of Technical Assistance:
- Working as part of a wider team to provide technical assistance to financial institutions and support them to build and grow education lending portfolios.
- This involves understanding the product development needs of microfinance institutions and banks.
- Typical products include market research reports, product design, staff training, credit scoring tools, business intelligence reporting and social performance management products. ( This will be done through a thorough needs analysis during the onboarding process to check for expectations)
- Monitor and report upon progress of technical assistance activities at partner-financial institutions.
- In the context of TVET/Students financing, this involves understanding needs of TVET, students, job markets opportunities, startup business and sectors.
The reports produced above will enable the team to develop New Technical Assistance Products thus help Opportunity EduFinance improve its efficiency and value addition to its partners.
- Consultants are expected to work throughout the year and some projects may have several weeks of intensive intervention work.
- The work intensity in-between assignments is more flexible however time allocation on average will be 0.6-0.8 FTE.
- Given the strong growth in the EduFinance business, the consultant will be given a lot of responsibility to deliver significant projects in short periods of time.
- Excellent knowledge of students/TVET financing in Ghana.
- Excellent knowledge of financial inclusion in Ghana.
- Knowledge Loan Loss Guarantee mechanism to support the launch of products
- Attention to detail, solid writing skills and critical thinking.
- Good consultancy experience with MFIs and commercial banks, with strong network of senior management engagement at these financial institutions.
- Solid experience of business development, building relationships, and implementing technical assistance projects in multiple countries across Ghana
- Passionate and ambitious about increasing access to education through financial services and being an integral driving part of ETAF’s long-term strategy in Africa.
- Good project management and reporting skills.
- Enthusiastic about team-based approach to technical assistance and comfortable working with multiple consultants on one project.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects in parallel, adjusting priorities based on team need and capacity in pursuit of organizational goals
- Ability to present findings or translate data into a coherent visual representation
- Clear commitment to the values of the organization – commitment, humility, respect, integrity, stewardship, and transformation
- Applicants will be assessed on the basis of value that they bring to the business, considering skills and ability.
- Compensation will be dependent on the quality of the candidate pool.
Must be able to travel nationally and regionally subject to partners location.
Method of Application
CLOSING DATE: ONGOING