Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Cardiac Physiologist at The Bank Hospital
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
To provide a high-quality, patient-focused, efficient Cardiology Diagnostic service within the department. Assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of heart, lung, and blood vessel disorders by conducting a range of invasive and non-invasive diagnostic tests of cardiovascular and pulmonary systems; maintaining equipment; recording test results.
Assist in Cath lab procedures. Work in conjunction with the department manager and other staff to ensure the service needs are met.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Preparing and cleaning of procedure rooms before and between cases and after terminal care.
- Supports physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac and peripheral vascular ailments by means of various diagnostic procedures including but not limited to electro-cardio-grams, treadmill stress tests, blood pressure and hear rate, ultrasound, echocardiographs
- Competent in the use of specialized and complex equipment, such as cardiac ultrasound scanners and intra-aortic balloon pumps
- Selection and adjustment of pacemaker suitable pacemaker for a surgeon to insert in a patient
- Monitor patients’ progress. Undertake regular check ups on patients a pacemaker and/ or ICD Responsible for the long term monitoring of patients with heart valve disease or replacement valves.
- To communicate as appropriate, with patients, staff and other concerned parties, to ensure best quality service delivery in terms of patient satisfaction, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Set up and maintenance of equipment by ensuring that computers and cardiovascular systems and equipment are operating properly
- Responds to equipment breakdowns; troubleshoots problems
- Calibration of equipment
- Analysis and interpretation of data and supplying physiological reports to the cardiologist or surgeon to assist with treatment decisions.
- Records and reports on information from tests and findings to cardiologists and other members of the team to assist with diagnosis and treatment of cardiac disease.
- Documents patient services by completing patient records, forms, reports, logs, and other records
- Registers patients by entering anticipated service date into the patient record; verifying medical history
- Degree in healthcare science or science or other relevant qualification
- At least 1-year experience in a hospital environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Competency to carry out diagnostic and other procedures
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a calm, confident and caring manner
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: