CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
We believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation – within the world and our own organization.
We are accountable to the people and partners we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons.
We know that by embracing differences, actively including a variety of voices, and joining together we can solve the world’s most complex problems.
We believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honoring each individual; we know that change happens through people.
We challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance, tapping the best of human spirit to create impact.
Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE), Inc. CARE in West Africa is seeking an Assistant Regional Security Manager to be based in one of our 8 locations in West Africa.
The Assistant Regional Security Manager is mainly responsible for assisting CARE Country Offices (COs) within the West Africa Region in the implementation of staff safety and security protocols and procedures.
This will include, but not be limited to, promoting staff safety and security awareness, professional approaches, preparedness and management, in support of program implementation.
S/he will work in conjunction with Country Office Safety and Security (SS) Managers (SSM), Advisors (SSA), Officers (SSO), Focal Points (SSFP) and Country Directors (CD) in ensuring a consistently acceptable standard of risk management to minimize the likelihood and impact of potential threats.
The Assistant Regional Security Manager is subject to frequent deployment to any location in West Africa, including insecure high-risk locations, to assist in addressing security and safety concerns, assist in developing appropriate plans and/or provide technical assistance.
The Assistant Regional Security Manager will assist the RSM in coordinating and consolidating reports, returns and other deliverables such as, but not exclusive to, the Monthly Security Report, SIMSon Reports, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) compliance updates and their associated components/outputs and parts of the CSU WARMU budget tracking.
The Assistant Regional Security Manager will work under the supervision of Regional Security Manager (RSM). The Assistant Regional Security Manage will act for the RSM in her/his absence
The successful candidate must be a good communicator, capable of developing and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with staff at the regional management level, as well as staff at all levels in CARE West Africa Country Offices. Fluency in both written and spoken French and English is a requirement for this position.
Key Roles and Responsibilities are:
- Support to CO Safety and Security Staff
- Using CARE Safety and Security Key Performance Indicators and other tools, monitor that CARE SS protocols and operating procedures are in place, are up to date and are being used. Advise CO SS staff and RSM of any gaps.
- Critical Incidents: Assist in emergency evacuation in any of the CARE offices if in potential danger
- Advise CO SS staff on situational report and assessment formats and procedures.
- Safety and Security Logistics, Budgets and Training
The Assistant Regional Security Manager will ensure that visitor and new arrival orientation and briefings, are updated and according to CI standards
Required Skills or Experience
- A good knowledge of emergency evacuation
- Excellent knowledge of investigating incident
- A good knowledge of safety and security management plan
- Safety and security management – information collection, investigations, analysis, assessments and reporting
- A minimum of at least three years’ experience in the use interpolative skills to pick and choose the right strategy to address a given problem;
- Experience in managerial positions may also be an advantage.
- Evidence of professional skills development within, Security, crisis and Risk Management field
- Prior experience in an international organization a plus
- A good experience in planning, budgeting and presentation
- An assistant security manager must have
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and French is a strong requirement for the position
- Excellent organizational and coordination abilities and attention to details
- Ability to keep abreast with security sector developments and apply learning to improve systems and operations
- Excellent report writing skills
- Willingness and ability to take initiative and translate ideas into action
- Strong sense of integrity and commitment to excellence
- Ability to build an effective team
- Excellent written communication skills in English and French
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
- Computer Skills: Basic knowledge and operation skill in word processor and internet connectivity
- A University degree. Education qualification may be relaxed for experienced candidates;
- Certificate in Security related qualification will be an added advantage
How To Apply
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to email@example.com
with focus on your competencies and interests – please do include links to your blog, Instagram, LinkedIn and other pages. Kindly indicate “Assistant Regional Security Manager Application” in the subject line.
CLOSING DATE :
Submission deadline is Friday, 2 July 2021.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CARE has zero-tolerance for fraud and corruption. We DO NOT collect fees or request financial information from job applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.