The U. S. Embassy is seeking eligible applicants for the position of Chauffeur. The work schedule for this position is Full Time 40 hours per week.
- Under the supervision of the DCM’s Office Management Specialist, incumbent is responsible for the operation of Front Office vehicles, to transport the DCM, Ambassador or Charge’.
- Jobholder ensures vehicle performs efficiently to provide services to front office as well as VIP visitors.
- Keeps assigned vehicle clean and serviceable condition and performs minor preventive maintenance.
Qualifications and Evaluations
A minimum of five years’ experience as a chauffeur in a large organization or in an executive office is required.
- A good knowledge of the city and alternate routes to Ghana’s government ministries and agencies and all diplomatic and international organization.
- Must have full knowledge of Department of State regulations regarding the operation of a motor vehicle. Possess thorough knowledge of the traffic laws, and the streets of Accra.
- A general knowledge about the road systems in Ghana is required.
Completion of secondary school is required.
Good working knowledge of English (Spoken/reading/written) is required. Must have the ability to speak at least one Ghanaian local language. (Language proficiency will be tested).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Very good defensive driving skills with the ability to react quickly and decisively in case of emergencies or in threatening or unusual situations is required.
- Must have the ability to deal calmly with unusual circumstances, and to adapt to rapidly changing conditions or instructions. Must have a valid driver’s license (Class B), ability to read maps and handle boxes/bags up to 20Lbs of weight.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Accra. Ghana may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS:
Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application.
Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service.
Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust Security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement.
If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- Driver’s License
- Certificate or License
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Method Of Application
Closing Date: 20th October 2021