Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarships at the University of Sydney, Australia 2021
Applications are open for Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship at the University of Sydney, Australia funded by the Faculty of Science to support outstanding higher degree research students with their studies.
The grant is open to international applicants who are currently enrolled in the final year of at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Science or relevant discipline area, or an equivalent degree at a non-Australian university, with at least 25% of the final year of the degree is a research component.
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. They are regularly ranked in the top 50 universities and their rankings reflect their world-renowned achievements for more than 160 years.
Why study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities. It provides bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. The university has 33,505 undergraduate and 19,284 graduate students
- University or Organization: The University of Sydney
- Department: The Faculty of Science
- Course Level: The grant is available to master’s level programs.
- Award: An annual stipend allowance equivalent to the Research Training Program (RTP) stipend rate indexed annually.
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Application Deadline: 30 April 2021
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International students are invited to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- have an offer of admission for full-time studies in a master’s by research or doctor of philosophy (PhD)
- be currently enrolled either
- the final year of at least a four-year bachelor’s degree in science or relevant discipline area,
- an equivalent degree at a non-Australian university, with at least 25% of the final year of the degree being a research component
- have achieved a minimum weighted average mark (WAM) equivalent to a grade of 85
- not be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen
- apply for a Research Training Program (RTP) Fee Offset and Stipend scholarship
Note: Applicant must not be in receipt of an alternative scholarship that also provides tuition support and/or a primary stipend allowance.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://sydneyuniversity.formstack.com/forms/diprs
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the required documents given on the application form
- Admission Requirements: To participate in this application , the applicants must have a conditional or unconditional offer of admission for full-time studies in a Masters by Research or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) within the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney.
- Language Requirement: English
The university will provide all the following:
- The support will provide an annual stipend allowance equivalent to the Research Training Program (RTP) stipend rate indexed annually on January one, for up to three years for a PhD recipient, or 2 years for those undertaking a Masters by Research, subject to satisfactory academic performance. PhD recipients may apply for an extension of up to 6 months.
- Academic course fees and the Student Services Amenities Fee are also provided for an initial 12 research periods for a PhD recipient and 8 research periods for a Masters by Research recipient. PhD recipients may apply for up to a 2 research period extension.
- The support will also cover overseas health cover for the recipient (single cover only) for the normal full-time duration of their higher degree studies and will provide reimbursement for the initial visa application fee required to commence their research studies at the University of Sydney
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP