Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (ARTISTIC)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: Directors of Artistic and Technical Director
The Deputy Executive Director (Artistic) has responsibility for planning and coordinating artistic programmes of the National Theatre as well as provide technical advice to the executive director on the formulation and implementation of policies for the development of the performing arts in Ghana.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
A master’s degree MFA, MA or M.Phil. in Humanities, preferably in Arts Administration, Theatre Management, Music, Drama, Dance or equivalent professional/academic qualification from a recognized University.
A minimum of (10-15) years postgraduate qualification experience in arts administration, arts production and delivery; five (5) of which should be in a senior management position.
Pass a selection interview conducted by the National Theatre Board in consultation with the Public Services Commission.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge in Arts/Public Sector Administration and Management Knowledge of strategic planning and management of corporate resources and assets
- Knowledge of funding and sponsorship schemes Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven interest in the development and promotion of the Arts Good business acumen
- Knowledge of Public Financial Management Law Knowledge of Public Procurement law
- Knowledge and use of technology and social media in administrative planning and execution of day to day activities
- Be able to serve for a term (four year) before the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
Same as Directors in the public service
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should forward their applications with their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of certificates and other supporting documents to the address below:
Application for Deputy Executive Director (Artistic) position must include a three (3) page vision statement for the position.
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
NATIONAL THEATRE OF GHANA
P. O. BOX GP 198
SOUTH LIBERIA ROAD
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
All applications must reach the above addressee two weeks after the first publication. That is 25th May 2021