Director at Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Director at Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture 2021
- To administer, monitor and register expressions of Folklore on behalf of the Republic.
- Maintain a register of expressions of folklore on behalf of the Republic.
- Preserve and monitor the use of expressions of folklore
- Provide members of the public with information and advice on matters relating to Folklore
- Promote activities which will increase public awareness on the activities of the National Folklore Board, and
- Promote activities for the dissemination of expressions of folklore within the Republic and abroad.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have held the position of Senior Management or served in a Senior Management position for at least fifteen (15) years, with satisfactory service and demonstrate the ability to perform the functions/duties of a Director.
- Previous experience for training other staff on departmental systems, processes, and other general or administrative tools is strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written form)
- Must have strong interpersonal communications and writing skills, including persuasion and influence.
- Must have the Ability to quickly gain extensive knowledge of the activities of the National Folklore Board.
- Must be able to handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and manage highly sensitive interpersonal situations and information.
- Must have the ability to independently resolve issues through the use of available resources.
- Must demonstrate outstanding computer skills and specific proficiencies with Microsoft Word, Excel, FileMaker and PowerPoint.
- Must pass a selection interview to be conducted by the Governing Board in collaboration with Public Services Commission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Director is responsible for managing all aspects of the daily operations requiring administrative assistance.
- Provides leadership and guidance for effective functioning, administration and management of the Department.
- Initiates programs and plans for the formulation of policy for the Department.
- Ensures effective implementation of policies.
- Ensures creation and maintenance of good public image/relations for the government of Ghana.
- Fosters relationship with government institutions, MDAs and International Public and Private sectors.
- Ensures effective management of the Department’s resources.
- Advises the Minister on all matters of specialty.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit an application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of Academic/Professional Certificates and National Service Certificate to: firstname.lastname@example.org or the address below
The Acting Director
National Folklore Board
P.O. Box CT9705
Cantonment – Accra
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Before the close of day of 11th June , 2021.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP