Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments.
Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 30 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S.
Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
- Title: Driver (1 for Accra office and 1 for Tamale office)
- Reports to Sr. HR & Admin Manager
In close coordination with the US Embassy and USAID, the goal of the USAID/OTI-funded Littorals Regional Initiative (LRI) is to support US foreign policy priorities to shore up stability and prevent violent extremism in the Littoral region, including Ghana.
Initial objectives include:
- Rapidly delivering effective and relevant programming on the ground through targeted interventions that may be scaled up.
- Informing and improving USG programming by piloting approaches and sharing reporting.
- Providing rapid response capacity, from hiring STTAs to quick response activities, in the event of a crisis or opportunity.
- The Driver should have working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of driving.
- Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures.
- Ability to deal effectively and patiently with others.
- Safe and Legal operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Ghana driver’s license & Knowledge of the Greater Accra region and North Region for Tamale office driver.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
This position reports to the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Assist the project in obtaining and facilitating movement of project staff.
- Arrange for vehicle repairs when necessary and ensure that the vehicle is kept in working order.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc.
- Ensure that all necessary procedures, by law and internal policy, are adhered to when driving.
- Ensure all vehicle administrative documents are up to date and alert the PLO enough days prior expiration.
- Collect and deliver mail or documents when required.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Other functions could be related to the position, according to the work needs.
- Provide safe transport of passengers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds.
Required Skills or Experience
- High School Education required
- At least 3 years prior driving experience. USAID experience desired.
- Excellent knowledge of the Northern region for Tamale driver and Accra for the Accra office driver.
- Valid Ghana driver’s license.
- Clean driving record/history.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have existing work authorization for Ghana.