To provide technical and administrative leadership for the efficient and effective performance of the Academic Affairs function.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the implementation of programmes and activities of the Academic Affairs Department.
- Coordinate the periodic review of the curricula
- Support the provision of administrative and logistical support in development of the educational programs.
- Develop and maintain standards and mechanisms for comprehensive evaluation of training programmes.
- Oversee the existence of a collegial environment which encourages teaching, learning and research excellence.
- Coordinate the accreditation and re-accreditation of training centres and sites.
- Supervise the organization of Continuous Professional Development (CPD). events.
- Supervise the organization of Annual General and Scientific Meetings (AGSM)
- Support the preparation of Annual and other periodic reports of the Department.
- Support the preparation of the annual work plan and budget of the Department.
- Supervise and appraise the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
- Supervise the collation of data for the formulation of policies.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Masters/MPhil degree in Education or other related fields from an accredited tertiary institution and must have held this qualification for at least three (3) years.
- A minimum of Eight (8) years post Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience. Four (4) years of which must be at a Senior Management level in handling academic affairs matters in a tertiary or related setting..
- Membership of a professional body shall be an advantage.
- Must pass a selection interview.
- Knowledge of the Specialist Health Training and Plant Medicine Research Law.
- General knowledge of health policies and operating procedures.
- Good leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge of Public Service administrative practices and procedures.
- Good knowledge in Financial Management and Labour laws and regulations.
- High integrity, professionalism and good ethical standard.
HOW TO APPLY
Application, with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and scanned certificates must be e-mailed to the Human Resource Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
30th July 2021