Stanford University Global LLC Ghana Branch is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Seed Business Network Administrator for West Africa. This position will be located in Accra, Ghana.
This role supports the West Africa Seed Transformation Network (“STN”) Manager in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to enhance Seed’s ongoing mission-critical relationship with past participants of the Seed Transformation Program.
Building on Stanford’s decades-long history of educating innovators in Silicon Valley, Stanford Institute for Innovation in Developing Economies (Stanford Seed) brings this innovative mindset and practical business training to entrepreneurs in Africa and India.
The network comprises of past participants of Seed’s year-long, leadership experience designed exclusively for CEOs and founders of businesses across Africa and South Asia. Members are able to harness the power of the global Seed community by connecting online, in-person, and at events, with other like-minded business leaders. Their ongoing engagement with Stanford Graduate School of Business enables them to continue their journeys to growth and transformation.
Across West Africa, there are several STN chapters, which work closely with Stanford Seed on programming and initiatives.
The successful candidate will have responsibility to:
- Program recruitment: Assist with annual Seed Transformation Program participant recruitment efforts by managing STN referral initiatives across chapters.
- Chapter Development: Support the work of the Network Manager to build vibrant and active business chapters and leadership teams across the region.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: Responsible for an annual impact data gathering process from individual business leaders. Monitor and closely report on the agreed transformation metrics from select companies each quarter ahead of the annual Seed Survey reporting period.
- Work closely with the Network Manager to build strong industry specific platforms, supporting each sector with member coordination and updating with new entrants
- Build relationships with individual business leaders through check-in calls and periodic physical visits.
- Communication Guidelines & Media Compliance: Support development of comprehensive local communications material for the chapters: responsible for building and maintaining the West Africa contact database and fostering connections with outside organizations which can support the growth of Seed Network companies.
- Work closely with the Network Manager to establish effective peer support groups in each country
- Oversee global event coordination at the local level and reporting back processes on member engagement
- Oversee STN international student internship program in West Africa, support both students traveling to West Africa and STN company internship hosts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 5+ years of relevant experience managing alumni networks or comparable groups for similar organizations.
- English speaking, French language skills preferred.
- Experience working for global organizations, with teams based in several countries.
- Knowledgeable about marketing and relationship management.
- Experienced communicator and at ease working with high profile clients.
Method of Application
Closing Date: Ongoing
About The Company
Seed is a Stanford Graduate School of Business-led initiative that’s working to end the cycle of global poverty.
We believe that business is one of the most powerful engines of change to move developing economies to greater prosperity. To maximize our impact, we’re working on multiple fronts and across multiple time horizons. Seed is training business leaders in developing economies, inspiring Stanford students to become globally engaged leaders, and supporting critical research that can lead to breakthrough solutions.