The German Academic Exchange Service is offering fully funded DAAD Scholarships 2022-2023 in the country of Germany. These programs are offered at the master’s and Ph.D. levels to students from developing countries who are highly motivated to specialize in their fields of study. The scholarships offered by the government of Germany are for master’s, MBA, LLM, and Ph.D.
This particular DAAD scholarship is for students who want to specialize in the development and sustainability-related subject areas. Most of the scholarships are for master’s level students while some are reserved for Ph.D. students.
This scholarship will enable the candidates to experience a whole new culture, learn a new language and excel in their respective fields.
DAAD Scholarship Benefits:
The German DAAD scholarships sponsor the following benefits for its recipients:
- A monthly stipend for covering the living expenses of its grantees. The stipend will be 861 EUR for master’s level students and 1,200 EUR for Ph.D. candidates
- Health, accidental, and personal liability insurance
- A travel allowance (this will not be granted if it is being covered or sponsored by any other source like the candidate’s home country)
- Tuition fee waiver
- Accommodation allowance
- Rent subsidy (under special circumstances)
- Allowance for supporting the recipient’s dependents
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship Application:
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant and approved subject area.
- They should have at least two years of work experience in their relevant field/s.
- Applicants have to prove that they want to bring and increase sustainability and development in their home countries. They should have the potential to contribute in a positive manner to their societies.
Process of Applying to DAAD German Scholarships:
Applicants have to submit their applications via their online portal on DAAD’s official website (Link given at the end of this article). Applicants are advised to visit the website of DAAD to be sure of the deadline as the deadline tends to vary with each course. Given below is a breakdown of the application process of DAAD.
- Navigate to the DAAD Germany portal to create an account
- Search for programmes offered in German Universities
- Submit an online DAAD Scholarship application.
- Submit all the required documents.
- The DAAD scholarship committee will then shortlist successful candidates.
- The shortlisted candidates will be asked to send their official documents to DAAD.
- The final result will be announced and each candidate will be informed of his/her selection or non-selection.
Fields offered under DAAD Scholarships:
The post-graduate programs are offered in the following subject areas:
- Media Studies
- Social Sciences
- Public Health
- Environmental and Natural Sciences.
- Forest Sciences
- Urban Planning
- Regional Planning
- Engineering Sciences
- Development Cooperation
- Business administration
- Economic Sciences
- Political Economics
Applicants who are in receipt of any other scholarship in Germany by any other source like their home country or who are willing to finance some part of their academic stay in Germany are welcome to apply.
There are only a few fully-funded DAAD scholarships and a very limited number of DAAD Ph.D. awards available at DAAD.
Students at the master’s level will be getting the funding for up to two years while students at the Ph.D. level will get the scholarship for up to four years.
Documents for DAAD Scholarship Application:
- Attested academic degrees and transcript copies.
- A professional CV
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter of employment from where the applicant has worked
- Letter of motivation
- Scores of English language proficiency tests like that of IELTS of TOEFL (only academic IETLS and TOEFL will be accepted)
- Study plan for master degree applicants and research proposal for doctoral degree applicants
- Scores of German language proficiency tests for applicants applying for programs that are taught in German.
- Letter of intent or SOP
Deadline of DAAD Scholarships:
The deadlines for scholarships offered by DAAD vary from course to course and university to university. Applicants should visit the program of their choice to confirm the application deadline.