The Government of Barbados is seeking to recruit experienced, dynamic, and committed individuals who are interested in a challenging yet highly rewarding professional opportunity for the position of:
POSITION: Geriatric Services
FACILITY: THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND WELLNESS
The Registered Nurse under the supervision of the Nursing Officer ensures that the holistic needs of patients and families are completed and documented.
The nursing procedures are performed in accordance with the ICN code of ethics, hospital policy, and the nurse’s Act; assuring a safe and secure environment in accordance with universal standards. In the absence of the Nursing Officer, assumes responsibility for the management of the unit.
The Geriatric services comprise four small teaching hospitals:
The Geriatric Hospital in Beckles Road is the largest with 278 beds while the overall capacity of Geriatric Services has approximately 500 beds. The hospitals are mandated to provide institutional health and rehabilitative care for elderly persons, sixty-five (65) years and older. The goal is to provide sustained quality health care to all clients of the Geriatric Services.
The candidate must be highly motivated, patient-centered, and professional in their delivery of care.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A fully Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana who holds an Associate Degree or a Bachelor of Science Degree in General Nursing with a minimum of three (3) years experience as a Registered Nurse
Each candidate is required to provide the following:
- Application Form;
- Updated curriculum vitae;
- Three (3) copies of nursing qualifications with original certificates for verification;
- Proof of current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana,
- Two (2) original police certificates of character dated within the last six (6) months;
- Two (2)reference letters dated no more than six (6) months from the date
- Biodata page of a valid passport and must not expire within two (2) years;
- The original and one copy of the Birth Certificate;
- Three (3) certified passport-sized photos;
- Where applicable, evidence of change name (e.g. marriage certificate);
- Completed Pre-Employment Health Screening Form with evidence of Medical Immunization Record of MMR, (2) doses; HEP B, (3) doses and Lab evidence of immunity (immune or non-immune) must be provided after the vaccine series is completed, polio, DPT, yellow fever, BCG, Chicken Pox (2) doses and COVID-19 Vaccination (s);
- Letter of appointment to the Service if applicable;
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Barbados Form,
- Possession of current Basic Life Support certification; and
- Nurses with critical care experience should possess Advanced Life Support Certification.
NOTE: Candidates are required to submit all the necessary documents including certified copies of qualifications and professional registration on the day of the scheduled interview.
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged
HOW TO APPLY
The MOH-HRHD International Recruitment Portal will be opened on Friday, 31 st December 2021,
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, 5th January 2022 for applicants to apply
P.O. Box MB44, Accra
Digital Address: GA-029-4296
Kindly quote this number and date on all correspondence
our Ref. No.: MOH/HRHD/lF/CB37
Your Ref. No.:
29th December 2021