Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Guest Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
- Company: Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Ghana
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre.
The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Guest Relations Manager
The incumbent in the position is responsible for managing the Guest Relation Section and providing the highest professional services in accordance with Kempinski’s policies, procedures and service standards.
They also act as a representative of the hotel management and handle all guest relation matters brought to their attention, to the satisfaction of the guest.
- To ensure Hotel and Outlets are promoted.
- Guest complaints are minimized and if reoccur, followed up and reported to the Operations team.
- In case of immediate need, the Guest Relations Manager helps with reception duties.
- Communication of hotel & company philosophy and internal hotel representation.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the hotel and the geographical layout of the city / surroundings.
- Be knowledgeable about all VIPs in-house, hotel functions and special events.
- Collect as much feedback information on VIPs as possible (on daily basis) by checking e.g. Google, Opera PMS company wide, briefs and distribute this information within the hotel to all relevant departments by e.g. daily guest fact sheets/reports, newsletter, etc. and ensure information is updated in the guest profile
- Welcome, facilitate and bid farewell to as many guests as possible.
- Top VIPs MUST be welcomed upon arrival, escorted to their room and bid farewell upon departure.
- Liaise with FOM, to prepare tailor made guest itinerary for Top VIP’s when appropriate and coordinate VIP greetings and departures – ahead of time.
- Obtain as much information about a guest’s stay to be entered in the guest history.
- Welcome visitors to the hotel, assist with general information, internal promotions and directions.
- Handle guest complaints and requests in a polite and efficient manner, give further instructions to the relevant staff if needed to ensure optimal guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a record of all complaints and requests, follow up and inform concerned operating departments.
- Perform special projects and related duties as assigned.
- Walk throughout the hotel recognizing guests and engage with them appropriately.
- Attend & participate in daily briefings as scheduled.
- Report potential and existing hazards and rectified immediately.
- Provide information to all guests regarding the services and possible internal promotions of the hotel.
- Senior Management on any unusual circumstances that might affect guest service and expectation.
- Take decisions on upgrades / comps / rebates etc. as per stipulated hotel policies and procedures.
- Participate in training programmes.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a Manager level position in Front Office or
- 2 Years in Similar Role (Guest Relations experience) preferably in an international five star hotel
- Food & Beverage and Sales experience is a plus
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Supervisory skills
- Luxury Hotel Experiences
- Good Communication skills
- Knowledge of hotel operations & Computer systems
- General knowledge of tourist and business related information
- Knowledge of hotel products and services
- Knowledge of VIP welcoming protocol
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Advanced knowledge of Opera
- Basic knowledge of Micros
- Customer Service Orientation and Cross Cultural Sensitive
- Teamwork / Cooperation minded and Quality Oriented
Method of Application
Closing Date: 18 July. 2021
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service.
We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.