- Company: Guinness
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales / Marketing Jobs in Ghana
To manage, develop, motivate and lead a team of field sales representatives and merchandisers so that defined levels of service quality to trade accounts are achieved in the most professional and cost-effective way.
Guinness Ghana Breweries is a leading brewer and marketer of premium alcoholic and malt drinks in Ghana. Its ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company in Ghana.
Diageo Plc owns 51% Investment in Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd and continues to invest heavily in capex, which is critical to the journey to No 1. Diageo Plc is quoted in the US and London Stock Exchanges while Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd (the subsidiary) is quoted in the Ghana Stock Exchange.
Core on our agenda is as follows:
- Spirits transformation with emphasis on Scotch & Reserve
- Unlock upper mainstream spirits
- Turbocharge APNADs
- RTC Expansion
- To accomplish this agenda would require the right skill set of talents to lead the frontline execution.
- Responsible for driving depletions with the KD as well as shipment with the support of the DM
- Set clear performance management metrics for each sales unit (SE/TD/VSMs) within the territory
- Track and review performance daily/weekly/monthly to monitor progress and performance of each team member and plan interventions to support poor performers
- Regular team members to reward great performers and activate PIP for all consistent under performers
Coverage Expansion and Distribution
- Drive 3x a monthly effective Coverage with Kd
- Coverage expansion (new segments, new channels,)
- Grow outlets coverage to the targeted numbers – Both On and Off Trade channels.
- Ensure census data for the Area is constantly refreshed by updating new outlets as they open and deleting closed outlets.
- Ensure that all SE/TDs and VSMs work with daily targets.
- Ensure that daily KD VSM meetings are held and run according to the structure
- Drive the embedding and implementation of Execution standards as defined by segment
Train, coach and inspire team members
- Spend 80% of time in trade coaching, training and inspiring team members to drive the right level of performance
- Build a high performing climate by creating the right environment
- Deliver on all the capability agenda and must dos
- Ensure all development, coaching and feedback is embedded within SE/TD/ P4Gs.
- Spend more time with team members in trade trying to bond and build trust and respect among team members
- Drive diversity agenda among the team
3rd- Parties (KD’s or Wholesalers) Management
- Develop Joint business plan and sign off at the beginning of the year
- This plan must be reviewed jointly with clear improvement plans every quarter
- JBP must capture all the logistics, human resource and working capital needs required to deliver performance of the year
- Trade terms embedding and implementation with customers
- Lead and drive interest in KD participation in all annual KD contest
- Drive Monthly KD business reviews with clear outcomes well documented and follow through
- Drive loyalty schemes with key wholesalers and retailers.
Qualifications and Experience Required;
- A University degree or Post-Graduate with at least 3 years’ Sales Experience in FMCG
- Computer literate and ability to work under pressure and respond to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate a successful track record in terms of market share capture, market penetration, brand building, customer service and satisfaction, and volume growth.
- Ideally able to demonstrate successes in leading, building and developing a team.
- Team player
- Strong communication, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Valid driving license with at least 2 years driving experience
Barriers to Success in Role
- Achieve specific brand objectives within allocated budgets against the area plan [including value, volume, and distribution, and call ratio, display and outlet coverage.
- Achieve trade account service levels and trade feedback.
- Implement agreed development plans for subordinates.
- To drive with a valid Ghanaian authorized drivers’ license
- Flexible Working options
- Can be based anywhere in Ghana as per company requirements.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 15 June. 2021