Ho Technical University Admission Form for the 2021/2022 academic session has been released. The HTU Admission Forms has been released for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The Ho Technical University announces for the information of prospective applicants and the general public that sale of admission e-vouchers for 2021/2022 academic year is open for the following programmes:
1 BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY (B-TECH) PROGRAMMES
- Bachelor of Technology in Hospitality Management (4 Years)
- Bachelor of Technology in Tourism, Leisure and Events Management (4 Years)
- Bachelor of Technology in Hospitality and Tourism Management (Top-Up)
- Bachelor of Technology in Automobile Engineering (Top-Up)
- Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering (Top-Up)
2 HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
All Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes are for a duration of Three (3) Years (6 Semesters).
- SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
- HND (Agricultural Engineering)
- HND (Mechanical Engineering: Automotive and Production Options)
- HND (Building Technology)
- HND (Civil Engineering)
- HND (Electrical/Electronic Engineering)
- HND (Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management)
- HND (Food Technology)
- HND (Statistics)
- HND (Agro-Enterprise Development)
- HND (Computer Science)
- HND (Information Communication Technology)
- BUSINESS AND HUMANITIES PROGRAMMES
- HND (Accountancy)
- HND (Marketing)
- HND (Secretaryship and Management Studies)
- HND (Banking and Finance)
- HND (Purchasing and Supply)
- HND (Industrial Art: Graphic Design, Painting, Textiles, Sculpture and Ceramics)
- HND (Fashion Design and Textiles)
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR B.TECH AND HND PROGRAMMES
- BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
A. Bachelor of Technology Programmes (4 years)
a. Six (6) passes in SSCE (A-D) including three (3) Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies) and three (3) relevant elective subjects.
b. Six (6) passes in WASSCE (A1-C6) including three (3) Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies) and three (3) relevant elective subjects.
c. Three (3) passes in GCE Advanced level (at least, one of the passes should be grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (at least Grade 6) in five (5) GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English and a Science subject (for non-science students) and Arts subject for science students.
d. Three (3) passes in ABCE (at least, one of the passes should be grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies) in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
e. Professional and other entry qualifications shall be assessed on a case-by-case basis as prescribed by the National Accreditation Board (NAB)
2. Bachelor of Technology Programmes (Top-Up)
- HND in the related field or fields of study
- Any other equivalent qualification
B. HND PROGRAMMES
1. QUALIFICATION FOR ENTRY INTO HND PROGRAMMES
I. SSSCE HOLDERS
a. Five (5) Passes (A-C) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and at least two (2) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization
b. Six (6) Passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics: and at least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specializationII. WASSCE HOLDERS
a. Five (5) Passes (A1-C6) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and at least two (2) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization
b. Six (6) Passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and must possess a minimum of D7 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization.
III. DBS APPLICANTS
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes in relevant courses.
IV. ABCE/’O’&’A’ LEVEL APPLICANTS
- Five (5) GBCE credits or five (5) G.C.E. Ordinary Level credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) G.C.E. ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
V. GBCE APPLICANTS
- Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies.
VI. TECHNICIAN PART II/III
- Certificate holders with four SSSCE/WASSCE credit including English Language and Mathematics.
VII. TECHNICAL SCHOOL APPLICANTS (CERTIFICATE II)
- Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
VII. MATURE CANDIDATES:
- Must be at least 25 years old by the time of application.
- Must pass a written Aptitude Test (English, Mathematics and General paper in relevant area)
- ADVANCED FASHION
- Pass in Intermediate Fashion/NVTI Grade One; OR
- Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’ including Vocational skills. OR
- SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate with passes in four (4) subjects including English, Clothing and Textiles or Visual Art
Programme Duration: TWO (2) YEARS for applicants with (i) and (ii); 3 YEARS for applicants with (iii)
B. MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN PART I (MVT I) / AGRIC ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN PART I
Programme Duration: ONE (1) YEAR
- Pass in General Course in Engineering
- Motor Vehicle Mechanics Work (MVW)
- Agricultural Mechanics; OR
- Credit in 825/1 Internal Combustion Engine Work and 825/2 Vehicle Work. OR
- 815/1 Motor Vehicles Craft Work and a minimum of TWO YEARS relevant Industrial Experience. OR
- SSSCE/WASSCE passes in two (2) core and two (2) relevant elective subjects (Science and Technical). In all four (4) subjects are required with aggregate of 23 or better for SSSCE and 33 or better for WASSCE.
C. MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN PART II (MVT II)/ AGRIC ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN PART II
Programme Duration: ONE (1) YEAR
Applicants must have:
- Motor Vehicle Technician Part I Certificate or
- Agricultural Engineering Technician Part I.
D. CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE PART I (CTC I)
Programme Duration: ONE (1) YEAR
SSSCE / WASSCE Applicants
- Passes in Core English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science/Core Science plus two (2) relevant Technical or Science elective subjects. OR
- General Course in Construction (G.C.C.) Certificate. OR
- Advanced Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery (C&J) or Painting and Decorating (P&D) or Block-laying and Concreting (B&C).
E. CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE PART II (CTC II)
Programme Duration: ONE (1) YEAR
Applicants must have Construction Technician Course Part I Certificate.
F. CERTIFICATE II PROGRAMME
Programme Duration: Two (2) years
- Passes in two core subjects i.e Mathematics, English, integrated Science/Core Science/Agriculture Science plus passes in any two (2) relevant electives
- Cookery N.V.T.I Grade 1&2 Certificate holders
G. DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS STUDIES (ACCOUNTING, SECRETARYSHIP, MARKETING, MANAGEMENT AND STATISTICS OPTIONS)
SSSCE /WASSCE Applicants
Passes in (4) subjects: i.e. English, Mathematics and any other two relevant subjects.
GCE ‘A’ / ‘O’ Level Applicants
- Passes in Five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects with credits in English and Mathematics.
- Two (2) GCE ‘A’ level passes plus 3 passes at GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including Mathematics and English. OR
- One ‘A’ Level in a relevant subject area plus four (4) passes at GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English and Mathematics. A pass in general paper is an advantage.
General Business Certificate Applicants
Four (4) passes at General Business Certificate Examination (RSA II) including English Language and
H. EEE TECHNICIAN PART III
Programme Duration and Entry Requirement
One (1) Year. Applicants must have EEE Technician Part II Certificate
I. EEE TECHNICIAN PART II
- Passes in 3 courses in EET I
- Advanced Electrical Installation (Course C) Certificate.
Passes in Core English Language, Core Mathematics, Core Science / Integrated Science and elective subjects including Physics, Mathematics and either Chemistry or Applied Electricity OR Electronics OR Biology. Technical Drawing is acceptable in place of Chemistry. In all five (5) subjects with aggregate 23 or better for SSSCE and 33 or better for WASSCE.
J. EEE TECHNICIAN PART I
Passes in Electrical Installation Works (Course B) Certificate
Passes in Core English Language, Mathematics, Science /Integrated Science plus 2 passes in elective Mathematics and either Physics, Applied Electricity, or Electronics or Technical Drawing.
K. PRE-HND ACCESS COURSE FOR TECHNICAL/VOCATIONAL SCHOOL GRADUATES
The duration of this programme is one year. It is designed for graduates of Technical and Vocational Institutions who have successfully completed their programmes of study and wish to pursue an HND programme in the Polytechnic.
- Applicants should possess a minimum qualification of Intermediate or Craft Certificate or its equivalent in the relevant area of study.
- Students with SSSCE (A-D) or WASSCE (A1-C7) in any three (3) relevant electives.
Successful Pre-HND candidates will proceed to enroll in any of the following Programmes:
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Automobile Engineering
- HND Building and Construction Engineering
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- HND Industrial Art
- HND Fashion, Design and Textile
- HND Hotel, Catering & Institutional Management
- HND Information and Communication Technology
International applicants may be admitted on the basis of qualifications from their countries for which equivalence shall be determined by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana and submitted to Ho Technical University.
Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non -English speaking countries. International applicants are also requested to acquire Non-Citizens Ghanacard as a pre-requisite for admission. International applicants who fail to provide evidence of having acquired this card will not have their applications processed.
NOTE: ALL ADMISSIONS TO HO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY ARE STRICTLY VIA THE ONLINE ADMISSION SYSTEM.
ONLINE ADMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
A. E-VOUCHER FROM GCB BANK LTD
Purchase Ho Technical University Admission Electronic Voucher (E-Voucher) from any networked branch of GCB Bank in Ghana.
B. E-VOUCHER FROM USSD *713*34*1#
Dial *713*34*1# on any network to buy e-voucher and pay with mobile money on any network
C. E-VOUCHER OBTAINED FROM MOBILE MONEY (ALL NETWORKS) OR VISA/MASTERCARD
- Click on BUY SERIAL/PIN USING MOBILE MONEY. A pop up window will show for you to fill in your details.
- Fill the payment platform form and select The Mobile Money Type from the Payment Options
- Click Submit, then an SMS and/or Email containing the E-voucher details (Serial Number and PIN) will be sent to you. In addition, the E-voucher details (Serial Number and the PIN) will also be displayed on the Admission Login page.
D. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Log on to the online Admissions System with the Serial Number and PIN
- Follow steps on the Online Admission system to complete your application
- Enclose in an EMS envelope, a printed copy of your completed online application together with photocopies of certificates or result slips, (transcripts for Top-up B-Tech applicants) and (Birth Certificates for mature applicants).
- Post the enclosed EMS envelope to the address below:
Ho Technical University
Ho, Volta Region,
Note: Applicants who wish to submit in person do not require an EMS Envelope
COST OF E-VOUCHER
|Four (4) Year Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Applicants||GH¢180.00|
|Top-Up Bachelor of Technology Applicants||GH¢150.00|
|HND Mature Applicants||GH¢150.00|
|International Applicants||$ 100.00|
NOTE: All mature applicants will be expected to pay an additional amount of GH¢150.00 on or before the day of the entrance examinations at the university campus. The GH¢ 150.00 will cover the cost of the entrance examinations.
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION:
A printed copy of completed online application, together with photocopies of certificates or result slips, transcripts (for B-Tech applicants) and Birth Certificates (for mature and international applicants) should be returned to:
Ho Technical University,
P.O. BOX HP 217,
Closing date for the sale of application forms: NOT SPECIFIED
Detailed entry requirements can be obtained from Ho Technical University website www.htu.edu.gh or Tel:(+233) 03620 26456.