Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin Graduate Scholarships 2022
Humboldt-Universität Zu Berlin invites applications for two positions for Ph.D. students (75% positions) on the political economy of climate change (m/t/d).
The successful candidates will join the new junior research group PECon, working on the political economy of climate policies and the financial system at Thaer-Institute of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (HU-Berlin) and the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK).
They will conduct research on politico-economic interactions of climate policy-making with the financial system and its regulation within consistent scenarios of a sustainable transformation. They will be part of a transdisciplinary project funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research within the “Research for Sustainability (FONA) Strategy
Requirements For Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin Graduate Scholarships 2022:
- To begin with, An excellent degree in economics or a related field.
- Also, Knowledge of econometric methods and in applied microeconomics, environmental economics, or political economics
- Firstly, An excellent degree in economics, political science, or a related field.
- Additionally, Knowledge of quantitative or qualitative empirical methods and applied microeconomics, environmental economics, or political economics
- Proficiency in English; Interest in economic research on sustainability issues and interdisciplinary research.
A plus would be:
- Firstly, Skills in survey methods; Knowledge of institutional economics
- Secondly, Skills in machine learning methods or in quasi-experimental econometric methods,
- Thirdly, Knowledge of and interest in climate risks for the financial system, green macroprudential policies, asset pricing, program evaluation, sustainable finance, behavioral finance, and related topics and fields;
- Also, Interest to combine quantitative and qualitative methods
- Lastly, Track record as a strong team player, Proficiency in German
Benefits of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin Graduate Scholarships 2022
- To begin with, the opportunity to work in an open, friendly, and highly motivated interdisciplinary team within the research group at HU-Berlin and PIK
- Besides that, collaboration with high-profile, internationally recognized researchers, both in Berlin (eg. IRI-THESys, Berlin School of Economics) and Potsdam (PIK), and within our extensive global networks. The chance to present at major conferences.
- Also, Office is in the middle of Berlin’s lively Mitte district.
The positions are scheduled to start on 01.10.2022 for a duration of 5 years. Hence, a salary will be paid according to the German University Standards at a 75% level.
Therefore, we are seeking to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching, and specifically encourage qualified female scholars to apply. Also, disabled applicants with equivalent qualifications will be given preferential consideration. Hence, people with diverse backgrounds are specifically encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY FOR Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin Graduate Scholarships 2022
Please send your application including a motivation letter, a copy of relevant certificates, a complete CV, your master thesis as well as other sample research publications, in addition to the names and contact details of two referees in a single PDF file with the subject “PECan application <your name>” and reference DR/079/22 for position A or DR/078/22 for position B to firstname.lastname@example.org For further information, please contact Achim Hagen.
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
The application deadline is 08.07.2022.
Also, for more scholarship updates, CLICK HERE.