iDE is an international not-for-profit NGO with a unique business approach to poverty eradication. For 36 years around the world—and 10 years in Ghana — iDE has pioneered innovative market-based approaches to improve access to safe water and sanitation and increase agricultural incomes.
iDE Ghana designs to context sustainable social enterprises in Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Agriculture. Our unique and collective passion to create new market opportunities is unlocking the potential of local entrepreneurs all over the country.
Through innovating affordable products and services for our customers we are making a profound social impact in the communities that we live, love and serve. We currently employ or contract more than 200 people across 41 districts in Ghana.
iDE Ghana, an international Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) in the Agriculture and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sectors is recruiting an Account Officer.
- DEPARTMENT: iDE Ghana Finance & Operations
- REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant
- WORK LOCATION: Tamale
- START DATE: On or Before 1st June 2021
- CONTRACT TYPE: Full time (Fixed term)
- CONTRACT END DATE: 31st March 2023 (subject to renewal)
- AREAS OF OPERATION: Tamale and catchment areas with day or night working trips nationwide offices.
GENERAL DEFINITION OF JOB ROLE
Under the direction of the Operations Director and direct supervision of the Senior Accountant, the Account Officer will play a key role in supporting all account transactions and entries of the iDE Ghana office. This includes processing of payment transactions to beneficiaries in compliance with the organization procurement policy and approval thresholds.
- Reports directly to the Senior Accountant.
- Work closely in collaboration with the Operations & Procurement team, Sama Sama Credit & operations team to achieve program goals & objectives.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Supervisor and Finance & Operations Director in the review of all payment transactions for compliance with iDE & donor policies prior to the payment of the transactions.
- Initiate a twice a week payment process via online banking or cheque for all approved project transactions including Sama Sama transactions.
- Perform daily entry of payment vouchers in the accounting system using the appropriate accounting codes and description for each project.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations; including but not limited to banks, balance sheet, inter-company accounts; and closing of the financial transactions on a monthly basis within the timelines on monthly account closure.
- Manage the disbursement of petty cash payment request within the threshold of USD 150 per transaction.
- Manage Sama Sama inventories and ensure monthly reconciliation & recording of all stocks in the financial system.
- Supervise the photocopying, scanning, and filing both electronically and hardcopies of all accounting documents which are systemically organized and appropriately labeled for easy reference.
- Conduct review of all staff travel advance and expense justification to ensure compliance with project objectives and approved budget for all travels and related expenses.
- Coordinate the collection of vendors tax credit receipts distribution to vendors on timely basis.
- Any additional responsibilities as maybe assigned within scope of work.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in similar position.
- Applicant should have completed national service.
- Collaborative and thrives in a team environment.
- Excited by new ideas and new ways of doing things.
- Demonstrated honesty, integrity, and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ethical behavior in all areas of responsibility.
- Cooperative and supportive attitude and behavior.
- Confident, organized, and good interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to take on additional areas of responsibility relevant to the role.
- A highly responsible approach to all tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining required performance standards.
- Experience in working in rural communities.
- Experience in work planning, report writing and record keeping.
- Organized, responsive, flexible, detail-oriented, and hardworking.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Teamwork and problem solving.
- A high level of commitment to IDE’s values and objectives.
- Ability to Speak; Twi, Hausa, Dagbane, Daagare, or Any other Languages from the Northern three regions of Ghana.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications and CVs with 2 current referees and relevant educational and NSS certificates to
CLOSING DATE : On or Before 5th May 2021.
In view of the anticipated volume of applications to be received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process.
iDE Ghana is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion at the workplace.