International Justice Mission is an international, non-governmental 501 organization focused on human rights, law, and law enforcement.
Founded in 1997 by lawyer Gary Haugen of the United States, it is based in Washington, D.C.
IJM is an international organization working to protect the poor and vulnerable from violence by partnering with the government to rescue and restore victims of violence and to arrest and prosecute perpetrators of violence.
IJM is seeking talented individuals to fill the positions below:
• Support Ghana Police and Prosecutors in the investigation and prosecution of child/forced labor trafficking perpetrators.
• Conduct research, brief writing, and oral advocacy on behalf of IJM clients.
• Track case-related data on paper and electronic case tracking management systems.
• Attend and/or participate in all legal proceedings relevant to assigned cases.
• Maintain accurate and updated documentation of legal proceedings in assigned cases.
• Perform legal research and draft pleadings as necessary in assigned cases.
• Investigate matters of human trafficking on Volta Lake;
• Conduct collaborative and independent surveillance to locate victims and suspects;
• Recruit and maintain a network of operatives and informants who provide reliable, timely and actionable information regarding cases of forced labor trafficking on the lake;
• Assist investigation team in strategizing human trafficking investigations;
• Write detailed, daily investigative reports;
• Assist in the planning of rescue and arrest operations;
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should click on any of the above positions to read more and apply
Closing Date: 30 April 2021