Internship – Gender and Youth Inclusion at International Fertilizer Development Center
- Company: International Fertilizer Development Center
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
IFDC is a multinational and independent non-profit organization with over 46 years of experience in profitable and sustainable crop production approaches by combining innovative research, market system development and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, agricultural productivity and food security and livelihoods in developing countries and around the world.
IFDC has over the years built a solid network of agro-input producers, dealers, farmers, farmer-based organizations, off-takers and processers around the globe.
IFDC contributes to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals for 2030, by improving women’s access to agricultural knowledge and tools to empower them and increase their production to achieve food security and improved livelihood.
Position Statement of Purpose
IFDC is seeking an innovative-minded candidate who is motivated to work in a projectized environment and enjoys working with stakeholders in the agriculture value chain to improve agricultural productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers in Ghana especially women and youth farmers who represent key sensitive groups.
The Gender and Youth Inclusion Intern is expected to contribute to the planning and implementation of all agricultural development activities and ensure effective inclusion of the gender and youth dimensions in all agribusiness opportunities in the sub-region.
- Assist the NBD team by ensuring that country Youth and Gender Inclusive Policies are included in NBD’s business proposals
- Support project teams by deploying the right gender and youth tools in project planning and implementation; thus, ensuring that gender and youth dimensions are appropriately integrated in all project trainings as appropriate;
- Contribute to monitoring and identifying instances of gender and youth disparities in project design and implementation and propose corrective remedial measures;
- Participate in the collection of data using appropriate tools for MEL purposes
- Document successful activities and methodologies on gender and youth integration;
- Other tasks may be assigned
- A graduate in Gender Studies, Sociology, Psychology, Rural Development, Agric Extensions, Development Studies, and related subjects from an accredited institution
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication in English (both writing and speaking) and oral presentation skills
- Proposal writing skills and a working knowledge of French is a plus
- Good computer skills is an added advantage
- A good understanding and appreciation of gender and youth themes in agriculture is appreciated;
Method of Application
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND APPLY
Closing Date : 4 June. 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP