IT & Database Specialist Needed at MEDA Ghana
IT & Database Specialist Needed at MEDA Ghana
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for an IT & Database Specialist to join our dedicated and talented team in Ghana on our mission to create business solutions to poverty!
MEDA’s work is built on a foundation of Mennonite business roots and faith-based values, within the global context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We believe business solutions are effective interventions to address poverty.
Through a market-systems approach and strategic partnerships, MEDA enables access to finance and provides business and technical expertise to build transformative agri-food market systems that create decent jobs, allowing traditionally excluded groups to become active participants in a sustainable economy. MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
The IT and Database Specialist will oversee the development and use of data systems. She/he will devise efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data throughout the GROW2 project with attention to security and confidentiality.
The Officer shall leverage IT systems and technical expertise to ensure that information flows securely, efficiently and in a timely manner to allow for effective analysis and general reporting of the project activities.
- Job Status: Full-time Contract
- Anticipated Start Date: July 2022
- Location: Tamale, Ghana
- Create and enforce policies for effective data collection, entry, and processing
- Ensure the maintenance of the project’s database (CRM) – ensure all activity level data are entered on the project database (CRM) in real-time and report emerging issues/challenges to the MIM Manager, ensuring the database is providing data for planning and continues project implementation.
- Collect results generated from the implementation of the MIM plan and consolidate data to allow for comparison of the performance of KFPs; analyze those results and inform senior project management of any gaps or shortcomings in the attainment of project goals.
- Generate information and insights from data sets and identify trends and patterns.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data.
- Offer technical support to staff and troubleshoot computer hardware and software challenges ensuring adherence to legal and MEDA standards
- Install and update company software and hardware as needed
- Anticipate and report the cost of replacing or updating computer items
- Develop project website with proper coding and content needs
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Monitor information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades, and others.)
- Monitor performance analysis of bandwidths and data caps from internet providers.
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications in IT hardware and software systems.
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: A degree in computer science or related field, a certificate in networking, telecom or related areas is an added advantage.
Experience: Minimum of five years’ progressively responsible experience in data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution, and others.)
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, vision, and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development, and MEDA’s approach to creating business solutions to poverty
- Ability to write and speak clearly to easily communicate complex ideas in a way that is easy to understand.
- Strong mathematical and numeracy skills
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve results
- Expert knowledge of IT best practices, policies, and regulations
- In-depth understanding of programming, computer science, and digital security
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in any local language in GROW2 operational areas is a plus
How to Apply for IT & Database Specialist at MEDA Ghana
Click here to read more and apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, June 6, 2022, 5:00 pm GMT.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis when received. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring such accommodation make their needs known in advance.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN TELEGRAM CHANNEL