Job Vacancy At Catholic Relief Services
CRS activities are limited to the Mion District only with targets of 12,000 smallholder farmers (farm households) over an area of at least 27,000 hectares across over 150 communities (Towns and Villages).
As a member of the Regreening Africa project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. This person will serve as the technical lead for activities anticipated under the agriculture sector for CRS programs in Ghana.
Reversing Land Degradation in Africa through Scaling-up Evergreen Agriculture (Regreening Africa) Project is a five-year project (September 2017 to September 2022) funded by the European Union (EU). It is implemented by a consortium of research and development partners: The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF), leads a consortium of International NGOs comprised of World Vision (WV), Catholic Relief Services (CRS), CARE and Oxfam, and a national NGO, Sahel Eco, to scale up agroforestry/regreening/evergreen practices, to 500,000 farm households, over an area of at least 1 million hectares, across eight African countries. In East Africa, the project is being implemented in Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia and Somalia (Somaliland and Puntland); and in West Africa, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Ghana. Through a separate funding stream from EU to GIZ, the project integrates the assessment of Economics of Land Degradation (ELD) in partner countries to make it an integral part of decision making and policy strategies.
Regreening Africa is being implemented in Ghana by World Vision and CRS where the former is the prime whiles the latter is the sub. Implementation covers three districts in two Regions (Bawku West and Garu-Tempani districts in Upper East and Mion District in Northern Region)
- Support the Agriculture Project Manager in the successful implementation of the Regreening Africa Project.
- Support AEAs in community/ groups mobilization for trainings and activity implementation.
- Facilitate establishment of FMNR Hubs and tree nurseries and planting of seedlings in selected hubs and woodlots in new cohorts while providing support for old cohort communities.
- Facilitate AEAs to conduct all required step-down trainings for various groups and households in project training modules.
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing platforms and meetings for farmers at district levels.
- Regular monitoring of field-level activities, including identifying best practices for sharing, as well as lessons learned and proposing corrective actions.
- Produce success stories and human-interest stories on project impact.
- Draft compiled AEAs reports for Project managers revision.
Participate in all project Training of Trainers (ToT) and meetings.
- Support MEAL team in project surveys and other data collection activities
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture agronomy, or other relevant qualification. Masters be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Agric, or agribusiness. Strong knowledge in Agric agronomist
- Management experience a plus. Experience with an NGO preferred.
- Understanding of financial systems, including budgeting and budget/expense analysis experience preferred. Knowledge of accounting software or similar financial reporting software a plus.
- Knowledge of multiple public donors’ regulations, including USAID, a plus.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment a preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing
- Applications, and information and budget management systems
- Strong English and any northern local language
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (SKAs).
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals.
Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web
- Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
- Key Working Relationships
Internal: Project Manager – Agriculture, Senior Project Officer -GPNP, Senior Project Officer – MEAL, Head of Programs, Finance, Finance Manager, Administrative Officer – Tamale Office Fleet Supervisor
External: Mion District Department of Agriculture, Mion District Assembly, Community members, World Vision Ghana, ICRAF, Forestry Commission
Method of Application
Click here to read more and apply
Closing Date: 2nd March 2022
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP