Job Vacancy at Scania West Africa
Scania is a leading supplier of solutions and services for sustainable transport, as well as engines for industrial and marine applications and power generation. Therefore, Service-related products account for a growing proportion of the company’s operations, assuring Scania customers of cost-effective transport solutions and maximum vehicle uptime. Scania also offers financial services.
Moreover, Scania West Africa is a wholly-owned subsidiary within the Scania Group and the only truck manufacturer with a direct presence in West Africa. In West Africa, Scania has workshops and dealer network operations in Ghana, Ivory Coast, Togo and Nigeria with plans to to expand its network to the neighbouring countries in Central and West Africa.
Also, Scania West Africa offers complete solutions in Vehicles, Servicing and Financing with products ranging from Construction Vehicles to Coaches, Long haulage Trucks and Gensets. Scania West Africa offers comprehensive packages for servicing, financing, driver training as well as technician training.
JOB TITLE: Service Manager
We are offering a great opportunity for you to join a dynamic team within the Scania group focused on developing a business in Ghana. Our Culture of continuous improvement encourages employees worldwide to develop their skills, work methods and themselves, laying a foundation for a career that helps the individual and Scania. We also offer a competitive and performance based renumeration.
We are looking for a driven and proactive individual who will manage the workshop business and operations in order to maximize customer and employee satisfaction as well as business performance contributing to the profitable growth of Scania. A sales-oriented person who can drive the drive business growth to the Workshop.
Your main tasks
As a Service Manager, you have the responsibility and mandate to:
- Manage and plan the daily operations of the workshop, working with and acting on deviations.
- Act as the key contact in managing the relationship between the workshop and the customer, ensuring clear lines of communication are maintained.
- Lead and motivate the workshop and services sales personnel.
- Increase service solutions sales by developing, maintaining and communicating the services portfolio and solutions to both existing and new customers.
- Lastly, Develop the workshop business by following up budget, results, operational targets and taking measures in order, to achieve set targets.
A Ghanaian national or already live legally in Ghana. You are:
- Good Communicator: Fluent in English, both written and spoken is a requirement. French is an added advantage. You are a good Listener and communicates openly, honestly and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- Customer Focused: Providing service excellence to internal and external customers.
- Ensuring Accountability: Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability.
- Inspiring Others: Energizing and inspiring others to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes.
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems and solutions to them.
- Results Oriented: Demonstrate the efforts, willingness and ambition to achieving results. Meets objectives and responds proactively to avoid disappointing results.
- Education & Relevant Experience: University education/Diploma in a relevant discipline such as mechanical engineering etc. Demonstrated experience in managing teams, workshops and maintaining customer relationships.
How to Apply for this Job Vacancy at Scania West Africa
If you have the requisite skills, and desire to become a key player in the development of Scania’s activities in Ghana, and obtain great opportunities for personal and career growth, then please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter via email@example.com not later than Friday 15th July 2022.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE