Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Administrative/Secretarial Jobs at Unilever
- Company: Unilever
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
Background & Purpose of the Job
As part of Unilever Ghana Finance organization, this role is the Business Controls and Process Improvement anchor for non-supply chain area of the business, it reports into the Controls and Process Improvement Manager West Africa and will be based in Ghana.
The key essence of this role is to support the Controls and Process Improvement Manager West Africa improve total business processes and ensure SAP compliance in PTP, RTR, OTC (order to cash) & Manufacturing and ensure a satisfactory control environment across WA markets.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Provide an independent view on the health of the business internal control environment and maintain a satisfactory controls environment.
- Drive the sustainable process improvement within the business.
- Documentation of SOPs and Policies for processes that are currently not documented across all functions in Nigeria
- Engagement of process owners and stakeholders to ensure end to end process understanding and risk identification
- Driving timely update with process owners with focus to documenting and preserving procedures for business continuity.
- Walkthrough sessions on SOPs and Policies with stakeholders after execution
- Engaging process owners/responsible employee to further drill down into the root cause of the audit gaps identified from the audits. This is to ensure the cause of the gaps are known and properly addressed.
- Hold sessions with relevant functional leads and process owners to ensure the right set of actions are taken to close audit gaps.
- Driving and supporting auditees in ensuring that audit actions are followed through and closed out OTIF.
- Review of all evidence of closure actions for adequacy and sharing same with the audit team.
- Conduct and drive internal assurance activities (spot checks, audits) in accordance with the annual plan
- Engagement with external teams for support of audit closure as required
- Drive execution of controls per GFCF and ensure that evidence are properly archived.
- Conduct periodic review of processes in line with GFCF with a view to improving current operations.
- Drive awareness including conducting training sessions with process owners and teams on GFCF, SOA, processes etc.
- Manage the induction process on controls for new hires with the objective of driving the right controls mindset in new employees.
- Co-ordinating with Controls Service Centre to close out on key expectations from the markets with a focus to driving compliance and meeting set timelines, e.g., Self-assessment, FCA, etc.
- Manage access controls to SAP, issues resolution, sessions with regional teams, quarterly access controls sessions, SAP utilization review, segregation of duties, special projects etc.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- University Degree and professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Min 2 years process improvement experience with proven integrity
- Ability to take commercial insights and translate into the Organisation & People Agenda including good customer service
- Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence, and build credibility with all levels and all functions
- Analytical, interpretative, and decision-making skills
- Excellent coaching and relationship building skills
- Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook (Excel, vision, word and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge in ERP
- Good communication and presentation skill
- Possession of Lean Six Sigma certification is added advantage
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Focus On Sustainability
Method of Application
Closing Date : 10th Oct. 2021
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities.
We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you!
Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.