BlackIvy Ghana is the regional parent company to three BlackIvy operating businesses: IndigoHomes, a residential real estate development business located in Accra; WestPark, a commercial industrial park developer located in Takoradi; and LuccaHealth Medical Specialty Center, a specialist physician and ambulatory surgery center located in Accra.
BlackIvy LLC is headquartered in Washington D.C. with anchoring businesses in Ghana, Kenya and Tanzania, and is a values-driven company that builds, operates and scales subsidiaries in essential sectors in Africa to meet demand in rapidly-expanding economies.
At BlackIvy we are building a global, multicultural company and our commitment to diversity and internationalism is part of everything we do.
Decisions at BlackIvy are grounded in our core values of imagination, relentlessness, courage, forthrightness, partnership and humility.
In addition to cash compensation commensurate with experience, we provide a leave and benefits program including healthcare, life insurance, and retirement savings program.
You are an experienced HR Business Partner ready to lead our human resources operations in our Ghana-based businesses.
You live in and have work authorization for Ghana. Your 7+ years of work experience include:
- College degree or equivalent work experience in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- Significant experience working in a full-service human resources department resolving complex employee relations issues, including at least two years experience serving as the onsite business partner to one large or multiple smaller business units in Ghana.
- Working knowledge of all human resource disciplines, including recruitment, on-boarding, compliance, compensation and benefit practices, employee relations, career development and performance management.
- Working knowledge of Ghanaian labor laws and workplace compliance.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and a great listener.
- Strong results orientation with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal, and employee relations for a wide variety of staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality.
- Exceptional communication skills and record of internal customer service.
- Proficient with HRIS platforms and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in warehouse, logistics, or other supply chain business with seasonal employment is a plus.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Based in Accra and reporting to BlackIvy’s US-based Chief People Person, the HR Manager in BlackIvy Ghana serves as a trusted advisor to team members and managers on a variety of human resources topics.
- This individual will act as a champion and change agent for HR initiatives.
- Must establish strong partnerships to deliver high value service to management and team members.
- This role must also maintain an effective level of business literacy about the company’s financial position, its strategic plans, its culture and its competition.
Supported by the Chief People Person, the HR Manager handles the full scope of HR responsibilities including:
- Delivers programs in alignment with our core values with a relentless commitment to good governance and ethical business practices
- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships and trust at all levels of an organization acting in as a trusted neutral ombudsman between staff and management
- Understands the needs of the business
- Keeps up to date with and ensures subsidiary compliance with all local and national labor laws
- Monitors and supports required safety programs, training, and reporting
- Keeps compliant records and provides required compliance reporting as needed
Talent Acquisition and Management:
- Leads recruitment effort: creating job descriptions, posting jobs, finding and on-boarding and orientations for new employees
- Provides guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning
- Supports internal training and development programs
Benefits and Leave Programs:
- Administers all benefit, retirement savings, and leave programs
- Communicates and provides support to employees and managers for key processes related to benefits and leave programs
- In collaboration with senior leaders, provides advice, assistance, and follow up on company HR policies, procedures, and documentation
- In partnership with managers supervisors helps teams and individuals develop goals, objectives and feedback loops
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and team members to resolve employee related questions or issues.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Works closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Maintains human resource information system records, confidential and functional files
- Tracks and manages required certifications and trainings
- Coordinates employment on-boarding and departures.
- Provides monthly reporting for business units (tracking new hires/departing employees/pay changes, and other HR metrics)
- Responsible for initiating and documenting payroll actions and providing support for payroll as needed
How To Apply
CLOSING DATE: ONGOING