Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Guinness Ghana Recruitment 2021.
GGBL operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits. The business is the larger of the brewing businesses in Ghana holding circa 75% market share.
Growth in the Ghana economy is expected to continue at mid to high single digit in a competitive environment.
Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.
GGBL is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGBL will develop its people and create an environment that attracts and retains the best people.
As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at competitive costs, on time and in full without errors.
The role holder will need to develop, support, and implement specific plans to achieve standards.
The Packaging Team Lead oversees the shift during production hours, with full responsibility for his or her team and the assets of the department.
The Packaging Team Lead is responsible for meeting the shift production OEE target at the right quality, in a cost-effective manner.
The incumbent is also responsible for the entrenchment of EISC/MMS practices in a safe and healthy working environment.
As the first line manager, the Packaging Team Lead must be conversant with Human resource policies, particularly in the area of disciplinary and grievance procedures, in resolving people issues in the shift to create and maintain a highly motivated team.
To effectively lead and manage the shift team to achieve overall shift objective.
- Shall be committed to producing safe and quality products by following all instructions related to the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner always and challenging unsafe practices and behavior of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Manage shift including direct responsibility for developing, coaching and supporting team to deliver business objectives.
- Monitor production on hourly basis, paying attention to downtimes, OEE, quality and waste, establishing and maintaining useful relationships with the team.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations to achieve zero LTA.
- Actively enforce EIS WOWs and ensure good housekeeping.
- Support the capability development of his team members towards multi-skilling
- Optimize product quality, through continuous observation and attention to details, delivering Right First Time (RFT) on quality and process control parameters.
- Respond to non-conformance in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learnings to prevent re-occurrence.
Manage materials and components required by the plant/equipment during shift operations.
Qualifications and Experience Required / Skills
- Degree in Science/Engineering or HND with a minimum of 3 years in a packaging industry.
- Computer Literate
- Resource management Skills
- People management & motivational skills
- Networking/influencing /communication skills
- Coaching skills
- Knowledge in Root Cause Problem Solving (RCPS)
- Knowledge in leading improvement Projects (ITFs/PIPs)
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to connect and build positive relationships.
- Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda within the business.
- Inability to demonstrate key leadership qualities
- The use of inappropriate language.
- Inability to manage people for success
Flexible Working options
This role is based in GGB PLC production sites.
Method of Application
Closing Date: Ongoing
About the Company
As a global leader in beverage alcohol, our 200+ brands are part of everyday celebrations in over 180 countries.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world.
Ever since Arthur Guinness took out a 9,000 year lease on a Dublin brewery, some 250 years ago, we became a business that is defined by the character of the people who work here.
It took immense character from Alexander Walker to convince the captains of every ship in the port of Glasgow to take crates of Johnnie Walker to the four corners of the world.
Today, nothing’s changed.