Ghana Manganese Company Limited is seeking to recruit a Lifting Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Follow all HSE procedures, company standards and Mincom regulations on the mine in executing all radio maintenance tasks.
- Conduct Thorough Examinations and maintenance of lifting equipment which includes chain hoists, lever hoists, jaw winches, jacks, hand operated winches, travelling trolleys and pulley blocks, shackles, eyebolts, chain slings, wire rope slings, flat webbing slings, round slings, plate clamps, beam clamps, lifting beams, spreader beams and lifting frames.
- Identify parts required to carry out installation, repair and maintenance activities on all lifting equipment.
- Carry out maintenance on manually operated lifting appliances such as chain hoists, lever hoists, jaw winches, jacks, hand operated winches, travelling trolleys and pulley blocks.
- Maintain and adhere to the industry standards and/or best practice for quality control over their own work and take an active role in general workshop quality control.
- Modify equipment in accordance with detailed specifications, taking steps to ensure that any modifications are made in accordance with current legislation and do not create health and safety hazards.
- Identify issues with lifting equipment and discuss solutions with supervisors.
- Carry out verification in accordance with current industry standards and practices (verification types can include function test, non-destructive test, destructive test, light load test, operational and proof load tests).
- Use and apply lifting equipment as it was intended by the manufacturer and demonstrate correct use to end users.
- Verify operating capacity and appropriate working loads of all relevant equipment, such as slings in the manner that they are being used by way of mathematical equations
Qualification Required & Experience
- HND Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Electromechanical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in a mining environment.
- Installation, repairs and maintenance of lifting equipment experience.
- Ability to interpret electrical and hydraulic diagrams.
- You have good general technical knowledge and a wide area of ??technical interest.
- Knowledge of overhead cranes and mobile cranes is an added advantage
How To Apply For The Job
If you meet the above requirements, then do not hesitate to forward your CV together with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should kindly indicate the title of the role applied for in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 11 June, 2021