Malta ENDEAVOUR Scholarships Scheme for 2022-2023 batch is intended to support good quality tertiary education and to ensure that the Maltese labor market is supplied with the right individuals and guarantee that it is in a better position to compete at an international level.
The scheme is aimed to support those pursuing this path to succeed both at the level of educational attainment as well as contributing effectively towards the economy.
Coverage of Maltese Endeavour Scholarships
Study Abroad Allowance shall mean an additional allowance amounting to two thousand and five hundred euro (€2,500) awarded to Awardees who would be abroad (that is outside the Maltese territory), studying at a Recognised Educational Institution throughout the duration of their programme/course.
In the case of study visits, Awardees following part-time / distance learning programmes will be entitled to an allowance amounting to two hundred euro (€200) per visit abroad up to a maximum of two thousand and four hundred euro (€2,400) over a 12-month period.
This allowance will only be paid on the presentation of the related boarding passes and confirmation from the Educational Institution.
Eligibility for Malta Endeavour Scholarship Application
- Applicants shall become ineligible for a Scholarship if they are in breach of any part of the Regulations.
- Applicants shall start their course leading to a Qualification at MQF Level 7 between 14th June 2021 and 31st December 2021.
- Applicants may apply to follow programmes of studies in any Area of Study specified in Schedule I of Section 17 of these Regulations.
- Applicants are expected to identify not more than five (5) Recognised Institutions and programmes/courses that they consider most appropriate on the Application Form. No changes to the list of institutions are accepted after the closing date of application
- A declaration from the Applicants that they are intending to complete their programme of study,
- Applicants shall submit at least one Unconditional Letter of Acceptance (ULA) from a Recognised Educational Institution listed on their Application Form. The last day of submission of ULA shall be Friday, 8th October 2021 at 4.00 p.m. (Local Time).
Endeavour Scholarship Selection Criteria
Applications for Maltese Endeavour scholarships are considered on the basis of the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the Applicant (20%) – Only qualifications at MQF Level 5 or higher will be taken into consideration;
- How study/research is related to the identified priority area – (25%);
- The relevance of the study/research to Malta’s Strategic Priorities and to the EU2020 Strategy – (20%);
- The likely impact of the study/research on the development of Malta – (20%);
- Previous work experience in the area of specialization and/or work with voluntary organizations (15%).
Steps to apply for Malta Endeavour Scholarships 2022:
In line with government policy and to enhance the Scholarships Unit environmental social responsibility ONLY online applications are accepted. Applicants are invited to apply using the appropriate online Electronic Application on: www.myscholarship.gov.mt and log in with their e-I.D.
It is the responsibility of the Applicants to ensure that their application is successfully submitted, to keep a printed copy of the Application Form, and to print a copy of the electronically generated acknowledgment. This shall be the Applicants’ proof that an application is submitted successfully online, and on time.
A scanned copy of the below-supporting documents must be uploaded with the application:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Applicant’s HEI (including University) transcripts (if already available)
- Unconditional Letter of Acceptance from the Recognised Educational Institution applied for
- MQRIC evaluation report/receipt of application (if already available)
- Applicant’s EU disability card issued by the Commission for the Rights of Persons with Disability (CRPD)
- Permanent Residence permit (where applicable);
- A statement that the applicant intends to complete the course in time
- A Study Plan or a research proposal