Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified positions below:
In This Role You Will:
- Provide support in developing and implementing strategic programmes and public relations events based on strategic site communication plan to advance the Company’s brand and reputation.
- Support the creation and execution of integrated and strategic communication plans to support the business plan and objectives, utilizing a variety of channels/mediums including technology based, social media and print.
- Contribute to the provision of communication consulting and expertise to internal clients including Operations, Human Resources, Health & Safety, Sustainability and External Relations and other functions as assigned.
- Assist with the development and delivery of internal campaigns with focus on communication planning, development and implementation.
- Research on business programs and activities and gather intelligence within the organization to facilitate effective communication through all available platforms such as online, social, digital, print (posters, newsletters, brochures, roadshows, promos) and employee and stakeholder engagements etc.
About This Role
- To contribute to and participate in providing a detailed survey and evaluation service, through the use of scientific survey tools and equipment.
- To retain optimum mining levels of the ore body and maintain the longevity of a continuous ore supply.
In This Role You Will:
Health, Safety and Environment
- Deliver on prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
- Ensure that safety standards are adhered to.
- Attend monthly safety inspections and meetings.
About This Role:
- Plan, conduct and lead studies including risk management, value improving practices, alternative evaluation, design, engineering, procurement and cost / scheduling.
- Responsible for the leadership of consultants and business teams to complete work within time and cost parameters and fit for purpose.
- Lead peer review teams, develops peer review summary report and present peer review results to Newmont management.
- Develop and maintain project engineering / project management agreed standardization, guidance and procedures including Stage Gate processes.
- Define and maintain project engineering / project management best practices.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in at least one major area relevant to Newmont’s core business and provides global engineering, project management and SME services in support of capital development projects across all stages as well as operations and closure support.
In This Role You Will:
- Develop, hire and lead the team responsible for Sustainability & External Relations, Operations, Business and Human Resources in brownfield projects.
- Ensure all project activities are conducted within a Newmont Health & Safety, Sustainability & External Relations, and Business culture and meet local regulatory requirements.
- Support ongoing site activities from a business and Human Resource perspective so that project goals such as completing drilling programs are accomplished as planned.
- Successfully execute interim infrastructure or other programs necessary for project advancement and ensure the stage gate scope of work for Sustainability & External Relations, Business, Human Resources and Operations is complete and also supports the future operability of the project.
- Facilitate the appropriate participation in support for and ownership of the project by the Ahafo Business Unit to ensure the future success of the project.
- Maintain positive community and government relations through open, honest and transparent interactions based on a good mutual understanding of Newmont’s and project stakeholder’s interests.
- Retain and develop an operations team who are available and ready for operations.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should click on any of the above positions to read more and apply