Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for MINE SURVEYOR AT ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI
The purpose of this role is to undertake surveys/pickups for compensation purposes and provide stake-out points of pit limits, batter profiles, toe & crest limits, and other design for the Mining Department.
Also, the qualified applicant should be able to generate mark out plans for ore demarcations and any design strings.
- Undertake farm surveys/pickups for compensation purposes as and when required
- Ensure blast-hole collar/perimeter surveys are executed accurately.
- Provide stake-out points of pit limits, batter profiles, toe & crest limits, and other designs
- Provide timely and accurate topo pickups on a daily basis
- Ensure employees/crew members carry out accountabilities as per the outcome of daily production meeting
- Ensure active mining areas and dump locations have reduced levels/temporary benchmarks as well as any other place as instructed
- Generate mark out plans for ore demarcations and any design strings.
- Develop safe working procedures and continually update Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s) when necessary.
- Ensure crew operates/undertakes any work in a safe and efficient manner
- A degree or diploma in Geomatics /Geodetic Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution
- A minimum of one (1) year post National Service work experience in an open pit operation
- Thorough understanding of mine surveying with experience in computer applications. Ability to work in remote adverse conditions
- Hands-on experience with Data-mine or SURPAC mine planning software is preferred Ability to use ArcGIS and AutoCAD is an advantage
- Ability to operate a drone and use any drone post processing software is highly regarded
- Medical fitness for the position and environment Possess valid Ghanaian Driving License and proficiency in driving Light Vehicle
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and eligible persons are to submit their application letters with detailed Curriculum Vatae with the subject line the position title to AAIL.Recruitment@AngloGoldAshanti.com
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Not later than Tuesday, April 20, 2021
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview
AAIL is an equal opportunity employer Women with the required criteria are encouraged to apply.