- Company: Guinness
- Location: Ghana
- State: Achimota
- Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
For Diageo to achieve its ambitious growth and profitability agenda across the world, markets need to transform the way they develop, plan and execute their commercial plans.
There is a particular focus required on customer planning, customer performance management and revenue management to increase our current performance by delivering a sustainable balance of volume and price / mix growth that drives value for Diageo, our customers and their customers.
This role will elevate the importance of “customer”, and customer plans, to the same level as “brand” and brand plans have today. Additionally, it will embed a holistic Net Revenue Management (NRM) approach within our company processes.
Our approach to NRM at Diageo aims to ensure we plan, execute and track to deliver a sustainable balance of volume, price and mix:
- Our products are optimally priced by channel & customer to drive revenue and shopper behavior goals
- Our pack & format architecture is structured to meet key consumption occasions and shopping missions across all channels; pricing & promo mechanics between pack types maximizes revenue and shopping behavior goals
- We are making choices about which parts of our portfolio to drive in which channels/customers to win profitable share (through distribution, assortment, and promotion investment decisions)
- Our trade spend investment is effective and efficient to drive desired shopping behavior goals and maximize revenue for Diageo and its customers
- Our trade terms structure supports our commercial strategy; we are making trade investment level choices based on this strategy
- Partner with local senior stakeholders to embed NRM ways of thinking and processes into the local market Planning and Business Performance Management routines, grounded in an analytical approach
- Act as a mini GM of a multi-functional team to develop and execute holistic business plans that drive a sustainable balance of volume and price mix growth using the outputs from NRM thinking and processes (including headline price, pack & format architecture, trade & portfolio mix, promo effectiveness and trade terms).
- Understand and make decisions based on trade-offs between market share, volume, sales, price /mix and profit.
- Maximize Program from a mix standpoint by holding DSM’s and Commercial Demand leads on account of what available credit of customers should purchase to maximize value.
- Help drive joint value creation conversations with our Customers by grounding our thinking in driving value for Diageo, our Customers and their customers based on shopper insights
Partner with Global NRM to grow capabilities and share best practices
Top 3-5 Accountabilities;
Develops and implements NRM Strategies, through partnering with other functions:
- Deliver analytics-based NRM insights and align across functions (Brand, Finance, Customer Marketing, Consumer & Shopper Insights, Supply Chain, Sales, etc.) on key outputs and opportunities to exploit across the NRM levers.
- Support the delivery of NRM workshops to share findings, gain input, and drive decision making
- Support the creation of selling stories that positions Diageo as an expert in this space
Overall performance management:
- Understands the volume, price and mix drivers of NSV growth, using VMPC tools
- Understands drivers of Win With 6 NRM KPIs
- Participates in performance management forums and makes recommendations to course correct as needed
- Partner with commercial planning/ finance/ marketing function to deliver robust AOP plans that will meet the price/mix targets
- Evaluate the overall alcohol market in terms of size and growth trends. Consider breakdown by category/ brand / price tier/ key competitors
- Evaluate Diageo’s performance within the market – understand differences in profitability between key brands/ categories/ channels/ customers
- Drives multi-lens market analyses (5Cs: context, consumer, customer, competition and climate) for pricing opportunity identification and impact estimation
- Co-ordinate with Cat Dev/ Marketing/ Shopper insights to consolidate already existing information in this space
- Completes consumer price ladders and value chain analysis for priority SKUSs/ brands/ categories/ channels
- Proposes pricing opportunities and develops pricing scenarios with Brand/Sales
- Understands price elasticity by key SKUs & brands, and determines relevant price change recommendations
- Estimates the impact on the Diageo P&L, customer/ distributor margins, and market share of pricing recommendations.
- Monitors pricing execution (e.g., consolidate and create summary reports across accounts, channels, regions)
Trade and Portfolio Mix:
- Delivers recommendations on the correct assortment & distribution of products to meet key shopping missions and to win profitable market share
- Understands drivers of trade-up/ premiumization/ different formats and impact on Diageo P&L and customer/ distributor P&L
- Understands current allocation of promotional investment – by brand/ category/ customer/ channel and by promo mechanic/ seasonality
- Understands the strategic purpose of the promotion – e.g. improve ROI, drive trial/ penetration, or drive basket size.
- Identifies promo opportunities based on M&E analysis
- Consolidates all promotional recommendations into “golden rules” or promo guidelines for the channel/ market
- Coaches account managers on turning insights into actions and promo effectiveness strategy execution
- Provides (analytical) support to sales function in promotion decisions and calendar optimization
- Understands where and how we invest our trade budget, and its evolution over time.
- Develops proposals to allocate trade investment across channels and customers based on customer segmentation, NSV size and strategic importance
- Identifies and prioritizes opportunities to align trade architecture to global standard, increase true conditionality and compliance, and move to Joint business planning (JBP) where possible
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate degree in business or another discipline that requires quantitative knowledge
- Demonstrated professional and academic success (e.g., graduated top of class; consistently received top evaluations at the prior job)
- 8-10 years of business experience, ideally some time spent in revenue management
- Ideally with experience in marketing or sales
- Understands the end-to-end value chain
- Leadership skills – demonstrated significant initiative, tenacity, and leadership in a prior job
- Communication skills – able to interact with and persuade individuals at levels senior to him or her, as well as to actively participate in meetings and group discussions with individuals from various parts of the organization (e.g., sales, marketing, finance)
- Analytical and strategic skills – must be able to synthesize marketing and commercial information to draw insights and actionable recommendations (e.g., structure the problem, collect data, identify issues, and present results)
- Evidence of brilliant management of a P&L, demonstrable examples of balanced and effective investment decisions and market share growth, plus a history of in-flight Business Performance Management and course correction
Method of Application
CLOSING DATE : 26 May. 2021