New Employment Opportunity at ERM
New Employment Opportunity at ERM
ERM is seeking an energetic, purpose-driven, and self-starting Senior / Principal Consultant and/or Technical Director to join our consulting firm in EMEA.
ERM has a well-established and fast-growing Social Performance and Human Rights practice of around 350 people globally and 60 people within EMEA which we are looking to expand further due to significant client demand, increasing stakeholder expectations, and evolving international standards and regulatory requirements.
We work with clients ‘from boots to boardroom’ providing fit-for-purpose social performance services across sectors and throughout the project lifecycle.
Also, We assist clients in developing policy, and management systems and in implementing practical solutions ‘on the ground’ which also meet international standards hand in hand with local communities and government. We work across a range of sectors including extractives, finance, manufacturing, infrastructure, agribusiness, and technology.
Overall Job purpose
- Lead the design and delivery of projects for ERM’s clients on social performance topics, for example land access and resettlement, influx, gender mainstreaming, livelihood restoration and socio-economic development
- Provide technical support to various team members on social performance e.g.
- identification of material social performance risks and opportunities as part of environmental and social due diligence,
- defining appropriate corrective action plans, and measures for follow-up verification of improvement and remedy;
- development of social performance policies and corporate due diligence measures such as social risk assessment framework, rights-based grievance mechanism, resettlement and livelihoods restoration planning, socio-economic development planning, training and capacity building.
- Manage complex resettlement and livelihood restoration projects, working closely with delivery teams across Africa to achieve compliant and sustainable outcomes.
- Work closely with client account teams to support the delivery of technically excellent solutions to complex challenges.
- Lead and contribute to business development activities, through the development of proposals, client presentations, and technical marketing initiatives.
- Support for the development and implementation of tools for social performance standards monitoring, including social audit protocols, monitoring systems.
- Support preparation of marketing materials and proposals as required.
- Adhering to all ERM and client requirements, specifically those related to H&S and governance
- Using ERM’s methodologies and technologies consistently in line with ERM and client expectations
- Managing and successfully delivering small discrete projects/tasks and /or specific deliverables or phases of work on larger projects.
- The candidate must be fluent in spoken and written English. Candidates who are also fluent in a second language (e.g. French, Portuguese) are encouraged to apply.
- National and international travels might be required on a regular basis.
We are looking for someone with social performance (in Africa) focus on:
- Resettlement and livelihood restoration
- Knowledge of the UN Guiding Principles, OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, IFC Performance Standards, Equator Principles.
- The “S” component of ESGs;
- Social impact assessment/management
- Socio-economic development including social investment, local content
- Stakeholder engagement
- Gender mainstreaming
- Influx management
- Years of experience: 10 – 15
The successful candidate should have at least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and ideally brings previous experience within industry or consultancy.
The job is likely to require short travel stints – so the candidate should carry a curiosity and willingness to travel to interesting locations within Africa. Demonstrable experience working within cross-cultural teams and environments is also critical to the success of the candidate.
How to Apply for this Employment Opportunity at ERM
Closing Date: 23rd December 2022
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN TELEGRAM CHANNEL