New Employment Opportunity at Nestlé Ghana
Job Title: Cocoa Plan Manager
Minimum Educational Qualification: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with proven work experience in Agriculture or a relevant field. A Master’s Degree in Agriculture or a relevant field is an added advantage.
Minimum Relevant work experience: Experienced Agronomist with a minimum of 5 to 10 years of work experience in agriculture or related area. Working experience with smallholder cocoa farmers in rural communities and corresponding cocoa value chain stakeholders.
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to enhance the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Central & West Africa Ltd is currently looking for a Nestlé Cocoa Plan Manager who will be responsible for the implementation of the Nestlé Cocoa Plan with our partners in Ghana.
The Nestlé Cocoa Plan (NCP) (https://www.nestlecocoaplan.com/) was launched in 2009 to tackle the issues in the Cocoa sector, with the vision to improve the lives of farmers and the quality of their products.
There are three main pillars to our activities: Better Farming, Better Lives, and Better Cocoa. Over time it has increased its scope into tackling issues of gender and deforestation.
A day in a Life……
- Firstly, Oversight of Nestlé Cocoa Plan implementation in Ghana
- Secondly, Monitoring progress with projects covering over 15,000 cocoa farmers
- Thirdly, Overseeing our Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS)
- Moreover, Driving the Nestlé Action plan for Cocoa and Forests Initiative in Ghana
- Additionally, Agronomic support to suppliers and lead farmers
- Then, Acting on a gender study to be implemented in 2023
- Also, Suggesting improvement and innovation in all NCP areas
- Finally, Potential occasional travel to Nigeria to support the kick-off of the Nestlé Cocoa Plan in Nigeria
What Will Make You Successful?
- Experience in cocoa production and child labour prevention
- 5 to 10 years experience in Agricultural work, Monitoring & Evaluation activities, and social issues management such as child labour.
- Excellent knowledge of tropical crops specifically Cocoa
- Field experience in agricultural project management.
- MS Office program
- Good knowledge of sourcing agricultural raw materials
- Project management skills, including the use of relevant tools and instruments
- Leadership without direct reports.
“Nestlé is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment.
All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, age, religion, nationality, disability or perceived disability, medical condition, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law”.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Closing Date: 5th Nov 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE