New Orleans: Apply for Construction Worker job with good salary
Full Job Description
Cycle Construction is looking for full-time Construction Workers to join our team. We offer a stable work environment with competitive wages, paid time off, paid holidays, quarterly cash awards, growth opportunities, medical and dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, and more.
At Cycle Construction, we focus on working as a team and treat our employees like they are part of the family. Visit https://www.cycleconstruction.com/ to learn more about who we are and why we’re seen as a leader in the Civil and Marine Construction Industry.
The main job of a Construction Worker is to do different physical tasks on highway, heavy, and marine construction projects in a safe and efficient way.
The perfect candidate would have these traits and skills:
- Able to use small hand tools well and correctly
- Likes to get dirty and work up a sweat
- Team player with good time management skills who pays attention to details
- Able to move things that are heavy
- Experience is a plus, but you don’t have to have it.
- Do the physical tasks that have been given
- Hang and dig trenches, mix and place concrete by hand, and set up braces in the trenches.
- Keep all safety standards in place.
- Keep the job site clean every day:
- Pick up all the tools and gear
- Secure job site
- Eliminate potential hazards
- Materials are moved, secured, set up, built, loaded, or unloaded.
- Moves tools, equipment, or other things from one place to another as told.
- Do some specialized tasks that may need training on the job.
- Helps other craft workers when they need it (i.e. equipment operators, cement finishers, pipe layers).
- Use hand tools like hammers, picks, rakes, and shovels as well as power tools like jackhammers, torches, skill saws, pipe cutters, concrete mixers, water pumps, and so on.
- Must be 18 years old or older
- A team player with a good outlook
- Pass Pre-employment Assessments (includes BGC, MVR, drug test, & physical)
- Punctual and reliable
- Needs to have these:
- valid driver’s license
- TWIC card steel toe work boots
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to work in all kinds of weather and the strength to do hard work
- The physical ability to bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl in awkward positions
Cycle Construction Co. (Cycle) communicates with job applicants and employees by phone, text message (SMS), and email. By sending in an application, you agree and give permission to Cycle and any of its affiliated companies, employees, or agents to contact you via text (SMS) message and/or email at any time for any business-related reason using any phone number(s) you give to Cycle. By moving forward with this application, you agree that your service provider may charge you for the amount of data and messages you send.