Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Recruitment
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Recruitment
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region.
There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities.
These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index.
Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Our Core Values
Are you an individual who can actively demonstrate the Newmont values of Safety, Integrity, Sustainability, Inclusion and responsibility at all times?
- To implement strategy to continuously improve and execute Newmont’s regional outline agreement Stock and Direct procurement requirements.
- To enhance Newmont’s overall purchasing capability through implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and value-added activities.
- To facilitate the supply chain deliverables on Supplier Risk Management and Lifecycle procurement and Contract Management process.
Main Responsibility Areas
- Contracting Process Management
- Provide information and reports on sensitive purchasing activities and progress on projects, including deviations from original contract.
- Collaborate with the Commercial Manager and Contracts Manager to verify that all contracts meet Newmont, local, state and national laws, rules and regulations.
- Generate Requests for Pricing (RFP’s) which can be converted to FPA contracts.
- Execute FPA agreements in a timely manner, which efficiently minimizes future labor and price for administering inventories.
- Evaluate FPA tenders and RFQs with the ability to select the best value price and / or solution.
- Conduct contractor meetings including pre-bid, pre-award, progress, performance, negotiation, and close-out for large complex contracts as required.
- Negotiate changes in contract scope of work, prepare and execute change orders as needed.
- Facilitate the Supplier Risk Management process.
- Supervise allocated staff member(s):
- Prioritize and allocate tasks / responsibilities.
- Check and control the quality of work outputs.
- Develop capability of team members.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Analyze and review processes for improvement and / or identification of outdated procedures.
- Support the Commercial Manager and Contracts Manager in the development of departmental policy, procedures and materials management strategies.
- Provide capability support and facilitate the lifecycle procurement and contract management process to enable optimum delivery of value and total cost of ownership assessment.
Communication and Collaboration
- Communicate purchasing vision and build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders / customers and external business partners.
- Responsible for tactical and operational engagement with End users into order to verify continuity of supplier and effective management of budget.
- Collaborate with effectively with all stakeholders in mining, process and support services to deliver best outcome of value to their budget.
- Proactively interact with suppliers and external bodies to verify continuity of supply to all Newmont Africa projects.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Understand End-users budget and proactively plan to deliver value.
Reporting and Analytics
- Prepare procurement reports for management as required or requested.
- Seek, develop and present market intelligence required for Newmont procurement process.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) / Systems, Applications and Processes (SAP) / Employee Assistance Program (EAP) System Knowledge.
- Lifecycle procurement and contract management.
- Supplier Risk Management process.
- Knowledge of P2P Transactional Processes.
- Knowledge of customs and regulations.
- Local Content Legislation.
- Good understanding and application of Total Cost of Ownership procurement model.
- 5-7 years of directly related procurement experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- 3 -5 years of supervision experience – leading teams and having direct reports.
- Mining experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Data Management skills.
- Have a working knowledge of contracting practices, documentation, Supplier Risk Management Process and basic inventory management.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, knowledge of all Supply Chain functional areas.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess and demonstrate high ethical and professional standards in all dealings.
- Effective negotiator..
- Effective Leader
- Assertive and influential.
- Customer focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Results driven.
- Team player.
- Willing to learn continually.
- Work well under pressure.
- The position is located in Accra, Akyem or Ahafo.
- The incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for detailed or precise work is extreme.
- The incumbent is exposed to extreme mental pressure and stress.
Method of Application
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND APPLY
CLOSING DATE : June 10, 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP