The National Identification Authority (NIA) announces for the information of the general public that, pending the recruitment of permanent staff for its Regional and District offices, it has engaged temporary staff for the month of June 2021 only, to facilitate the opening of the offices and the issuance of Ghana Cards to Ghanaians who registered but did not receive their cards during the mass registration exercise.
The temporary staff will also engage in public education and community sensitization to foster awareness of the locations, functions and services of the offices.
The Regional and District offices will have the following temporary staff:
- District Team Lead responsible for general supervision and community sensitization;
- A Registration Officer responsible for card sorting and retrieval;
- A Card Issuance Officer responsible for the biometric and electronic issuance of the cards.
- The NIA reiterates that this temporary staff engagement is for one month only, and the contract does not constitute permanent employment or the assurance of permanent employment with NIA.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the recruitment process for the appointment of qualified persons for NIA’s offices is still underway and will be made in accordance with established principles and procedures for staff recruitment into the public services of Ghana.
The NIA urges the general public to cooperate with the temporary staff assigned to the Regions and Districts for effective service delivery during the month of June 2021.
Other NIA registration activities such as card replacement, personal data updates and registration of Ghanaians aged 15 years and above for the Ghana Card will commence in July 2021.
Ag. Head, Corporate Affairs