Nutrition Lead Job Available at Abt Associates
ROLE: Nutrition Lead, USAID Ghana RING II
Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Nutrition Lead for the upcoming Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) II – Systems Strengthening Activity. This Activity focuses on enhancing the ability of all stakeholders to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana. The RING II – Systems Strengthening Activity will result in sustained improvements in the delivery of local services to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of an estimated 85,000 reproductive-aged women and children under five years old.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the Nutrition Lead will provide leadership and technical expertise to design multi-sectoral activities which improve nutritional status, diversify food consumption and establish food security. This position will require frequent travel regions and districts where the program is being implemented. The activity will work in the following regions: Northern, North East, Upper East, and Upper West.
The position will be based in Tamale, Ghana.
- Firstly, Under the DCOP, provide thought leadership and technical expertise which support s local governments to act as a facilitator between the private sector and civil society, encouraging community-driven private sector investment in multisectoral nutrition .
- Secondly, Provide technical and administrative oversight for the implementation of a results-oriented program strategy regionally and in specific districts.
- Thirdly, Provide technical solutions to increase consumption of diverse, safe, and nutritious food whilst assisting the regional teams to overcome any nutrition related technical challenges.
- Moreover, Direct and innovate cross-cutting program activities across sub-regional teams, including nutrition and hygiene, community and local governance, social inclusion, and behavior change.
- Additionally, Represent and seek opportunities for the Activity in established networks that are relevant to nutrition and food security.
- Furthermore, Assist in strategic annual work planning of regional activities and contribute to quality operational plans, budgets, and reports are submitted as per contract agreements.
- Then, Provide input to the project’s research and monitoring and evaluation activities and work with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team to incorporate lessons learned to enhance project results.
- Also, Provide input to regular status and progress reports to USAID.
- Besides that, Provide inputs to the finance and administration team necessary for project budget projections, expenditures, tracking and reporting.
- Afterwards, Collaborate actively with project staff and stakeholders and promote a culture of collaboration within the project.
- Last but not least, Ensure that lessons learned, and best practices are documented and shared.
- Finally, Travel frequently to sub-regional offices for compliance, training, and tracking consistency across implementation activities.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, international development, community development, nutrition or a related field with 8-10 years of professional experience or Bachelor’s degree and at least 15 years of professional experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in program management in the nutrition sector managing field-level activities, including working with district government officials and local civil society/community-based organizations in northern Ghana.
- Demonstrated management skills on projects that encourage individuals and households to practice health, nutrition, WASH, and care practices, with a particular focus on young children and women of reproductive age .
- Demonstrated team building and team management leading to high quality work in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Experience working with international development organizations in Ghana required.
- USAID experience highly preferred.
- Strong computer skills in MS-Office applications, including MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
- Lastly, Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
Closing Date: 15th July. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE