- Company: African Health Economics and Policy Association
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising / Media Jobs in Ghana
The African Health Economics and Policy Association (AfHEA) is a bilingual (English and French) non-political and non-profit-making association inaugurated in March 2009 with headquarters in Accra, Ghana.
The overall mission of AfHEA is to contribute to the promotion and strengthening of the use of health economics and health policy analysis in achieving equitable and efficient health systems and improved health outcomes in Africa, especially for the most vulnerable populations. Its membership includes over 350 health economics, financing and policy experts from African countries residing within and outside the continent (www.afhea.org).
AfHEA hereby invites qualified persons to apply for the position of Operations Manager with special responsibilities for Managing Relationships with Partners Communications, Media and Publicity Manager (equivalent to Deputy Operations Director, or DOD)
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Operations Manager will have overall responsibility for the following:
- Assisting the Director of Operations (DOO) in managing the general operations of AfHEA and deputise for the DOO as and when needed;
- The Operations Manager (or DOD) will have special responsibilities for managing AfHEA’s relationships with Partners (funders, collaborators and other types of partner), including partner engagement, partner strategy, and partner satisfaction with AfHEA’s offer and products;
- The DOD will interface with AfHEA’s partners and undertake outreach necessary for the performance of the above duties;
- Development and implementation of AfHEA’s communications and marketing strategy and plan, including:
- General management and maintenance of AfHEA’s web site and increasing traffic to the website;
- Ensuring regular updates (including periodically agreed redesigns) of the AfHEA web site, taking into account its bilingual (English and French) character;
- Promoting AfHEA’s visibility through media (including general social media) engagement and strategic partnerships
- Leading communications efforts for membership development and retention
- Supporting conference organizational activities and related social media campaigns
- Other communications, media, IT-related and publicity activities as may be required to improve AfHEA’s profile as it strives to achieve its vision and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the leadership of the Executive Director and general direction of the Director of Operations and the routine guidance and supervision of the Secretary of AfHEA, the consultant shall carry out the following (though not limited to these) functions for the achievement of the objectives of the association:
Supporting the DOO and managing partner relationships
- Assist the Director of Operations (DOO) in managing the general operations of AfHEA and deputise for the DOO as and when needed;
- Manage AfHEA’s relationships with Partners (funders, collaborators and other types of partner), including partner engagement, partner strategy, and partner satisfaction with AfHEA’s offer and products;
- Interface with AfHEA’s partners and undertake outreach necessary for the performance of the above duties
Development and implementation of AfHEA’s communications and marketing plan
- Develop AfHEA’s communication strategy and annual plan in consultation with AfHEA leadership and in support of AfHEA strategies and business plan
- Lead Implementation of AfHEA’s Communications strategy and plan including tracking key performance indicators
- Constitute and coordinate communications team to oversee implementation of communications strategy and annual plans
- Develop communication plan for specific AfHEA activities including workshops, webinars, special events, conferences and research as well as monitoring and collating their outputs for reporting purposes.
- Lead dissemination and marketing of AfHEA services and research etc.
- Manage publicity, communications and media needs and engagements of AfHEA.
- Support preparation of donor reports and donor communications in consultation with DOO
- Perform any other functions pursuant to their duties as may be required by the management of AfHEA.
Managing, Maintaining and Increasing traffic to AfHEA’s Website
- Maintaining of AfHEA’s web site and ensuring increased traffic to the website;
- Ensuring regular updates of the AfHEA web site with business (including research) materials, news and stories of interest to the AfHEA membership, taking into account its bilingual (English and French) character;
- Dynamize and revamp the AfHEA online forum (Ahpernet) and web site by ensuring engaging and continuous conversations, exchanges and debates among the membership;
- Coordinate and support website redesign
- Routinely conduct content curation, editing and restructuring of website
- Prepare Monthly/Quarterly analytics report on website performance
- Lead coordination of Ahphernet and/or other online communities of practice engaging members
- Developing content, Graphic design, Printing, Distribution for the website
Promoting AfHEA’s visibility through media engagement and strategic partnerships
- Prepare news items for sharing with the media, Press Releases, Developing messages and Policy briefs, Brochures, etc.,
- Organise press conferences, coordinating media and other events (workshop and conferences
- Coordinate with other relevant organizations and associations (e.g. IHEA, HSG, ECOWAS) to cross-promote events and information on website, through conferences and social media
Lead communications efforts for membership development and retention
- Periodically conduct membership surveys to solicit member inputs in consultation with membership team
- Working with the membership development team convene virtual roundtables of members on relevant topics
- Maintain membership database with up-to-date information on all members including follow up for dues payments and renewals in coordination with membership team
- Routinely send announcements, broadcast messages and other communication newsletters and news items to membership
- Identify or track individuals or institutions that may be interested in becoming members, partnerships or collaborating with AfHEA
Social media campaigns
- Maintain and keep current AfHEA presence on select social media channels
- Coordinate with AfHEA members to prepare blogs, new stories and other content for website and dissemination to members through social media
- Develop short messages for social media,
- Ensure regular updates, good use of photos
- Make good use of social media engagers,
- Tag funders and important stakeholders
- Increase followers through media update
- Identify or tracking individuals or institutions that may be interested in becoming members, partnerships or collaborating with AfHEA
Support Conference Organization
- Assist AfHEA obtain information required for various aspects of the conference organization
- Provide updates, at least bi-weekly and more frequently as the conference approaches, of the progress in organization on the ground
- Participate in meetings related to the conference organization as may be requested by AfHEA
- Assist in producing a conference report and following up with hotels and other local vendors to settle and finalize all conference-related transactions at the end of the conference
- Undertake other tasks related to the conference organization as may be requested by AfHEA management from time to time
- Master’s degree in project management, business administration, communications, marketing, public relations or related/equivalent degree
- At least five years of relevant professional work experience in project management, operations management, donor management/relations, communications, marketing/PR, and journalism preferably for a membership-based organization
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of development (INGO/NGO) community issues and communication/donor networks
- Solid/advanced work experience at a similar level, leading donor management, project administration, operations, communications and public engagement strategies.
- Fluency in English and French is essential for this position.
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience managing websites, social media and online platforms
Method of Application
Closing Date : 31 May. 2021